Important Rayford Road information change in traffic patterns
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- Important Rayford Road information change in traffic patterns:
Eastbound traffic on Rayford Road coming from Interstate 45 has been redirected to the new UPRR Overpass.
This traffic adjustment is part of the UPRR Overpass Bridge construction. With the traffic shift, two lanes in each direction now travel over the bridge.
Crews will continue work on the remaining embankment, retaining walls and concrete pavement needed to complete the six-lane overpass.
Updated traffic patterns:
• Abbey Lane will remain permanently closed to eastbound traffic at Rayford Road. Westbound access at Abbey Lane to and from Rayford Road will continue.
• Eastbound traffic on Rayford Road headed to Abbey Lane and businesses along the eastbound side of the bridge will be detoured to southbound Geneva Drive, westbound Spring Hills Drive, and then northbound Lazy Lane.
Traffic then can utilize Abbey Access under the UPRR Bridge to reach Abbey Lane.
• Two-way traffic will remain open on the at-grade portion of Rayford Road on both sides of the UPRR crossing in order to access local businesses.
• Traffic coming from local businesses along eastbound Rayford Road by the bridge will be able to continue east and merge with eastbound Rayford Road through traffic.
• Traffic from local businesses headed west on Rayford Road toward I-45 must utilize Abbey Access to Abbey Lane.
For further questions, call the Montgomery County Precinct 3 Commissioner’s Office at 281-367-3977