The Woodlands Township Board holds meeting, discussed Incorporation election information among other topics
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting on Wednesday, September 22, 2021, at The Woodlands Township Townhall and discussed Incorporation election information and other topics.
The Board of Directors had the following on the Regular Agenda:
• Discussed matters related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
• Discussed Incorporation Planning Study matters. During the Agenda item, Township Assistant General Manager of Finance Monique Sharp presented a factual report on inaccurate information in the public regarding Incorporation. The video can be viewed here: https://woodlandstx.new.swagit.com/videos/140046?ts=1952 The slide presentations can be viewed here: https://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/11734 and https://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/11733
• Received an update from the South County 4th of July Parade Committee (as requested by Director Sekula-Gibbs)
• Accepted the financial report;
• Received a briefing regarding waste collection services and fees provided by The Woodlands Township to multi-family apartment complexes (as requested by Director Milner); View the presentation here: https://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/11735
• Authorized the Chairman of the Board to sign a Letter of Intent with Harris County Precinct 4 regarding Spring Creek Trail Development;
• Nominated Bob Milner as a candidate for the Harris County Appraisal District election;
The presentations linked above and additional board meeting presentations can be found here: https://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/Archive.aspx?AMID=280
President/General Manager Jeff Jones recognized several employees.
• Mr. Jones recognized Township Attorney Robin Cross for receiving the William I. Thornton Jr. Faculty Award from the International Municipal Lawyers Association for providing outstanding service to the public, high ethical standards and for mentoring young attorneys in the field of municipal law.
• The Woodlands Convention and Visitors Bureau, also known as Visit The Woodlands, won several awards at a recent convention of the Texas Association of Convention and Visitor Bureaus, including Judges’ Choice for Convention Promotion, First Place for Convention Promotion and First Place for Video. In addition, Marketing Specialist Amber George completed the Texas Destination Marketer Certification.
The Board also received and accepted reports from Village Association representatives.
The Board of Directors approved the following items on the Consent Agenda:
• Minutes of the August 13, 2021 Special Meeting, August 16, 2021 Budget Workshop No. 1 and Special Meeting, August 17, 2021 Budget Workshop No. 2, August 19, 2021 Regular Meeting, the August 25, 2021 Public Hearing on Proposed Tax Rate, and the August 25, 2021 Regular Meeting, and the corrected minutes from the February 26, 2020 Regular Meeting for the Board of Directors for The Woodlands Township;
• An Agreement for Assessment and Tax Collection Services between Montgomery County and The Woodlands Township (C-2021-0358);
For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.