TownshipFuture Announces New TownshipFuture SpeakerSeries
THE WOODLANDS, TX - TownshipFuture announces its new TownshipFuture SpeakerSeries, a monthly series of interesting and informative speakers on The Woodlands. The series kickoffs on May 4, 2021 at 7:00 pm with ZOOM presentation on “The History of The Woodlands” with Loren G. Steffy, author of the recent biography of George P. Mitchell, founder of The Woodlands, and Joel Deretchin who played crucial role in the creation of The Woodlands as an executive with The Woodlands Development Company. Please register here, and attend at no cost. The presentation will begin at 7:00pm and questions will end at 7:45p.m. The waiting room will open at 6:45.
The following presentations will take place on the first Tuesday of each month from 7:00- 7:45pm and will require a simple registration to attend via ZOOM. No presentation will be held on Election Day, November 2, 2021. The schedule through the end of the calendar year is as follows:
• May 4, 2021 “The History of The Woodlands”
• June 1, 2021 “The Woodlands Township Governmental Structure – A Success Story”
• July 6, 2021 “The Role of Businesses in The Woodlands Township”
• August 3, 2021 “The Role of Healthcare in The Woodlands Township”
• September 7, 2021 “The Role of Education in The Woodlands Township”
• October 5, 2021 “The Role of Non-profits in The Woodlands Township”
• November 2, 2021 No Presentation – Election Day
• December 7, 2021 “Law Enforcement in The Woodlands Township”
TownshipFuture President and longtime College Park Village Association President Ted Stanley stated “TownshipFuture is enthusiastically providing these The Woodlands-centric monthly presentations by knowledgeable speakers in order to allow residents to learn or review essential elements of our local community. Last year, we provided three ZOOM presentations on issues important to Township residents (Water, Budget and Incorporation). Also, on April 6, 2021, we shared comments of regional experts regarding imminent decisions by LSGCD (Lone Star Groundwater Conservation District) and GMA 14 (Groundwater Management Area 14) that will affect future Subsidence in The Woodlands Township. We found that residents appreciated these fact-based presentations and decided to provide these opportunities on a monthly basis. Educating the residents is a core mission of TownshipFuture and we are pleased to offer the TownshipFuture SpeakerSeries.”
For more information about TownshipFuture, see TownshipFuture.org.