COVID-19 Vaccination Update for Montgomery County Status
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, TX -- The Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, in partnership with The Lone Star Family Health Center, will be opening a COVID-19 drive-thru mass vaccination site at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds located at 9333 Airport Road in Conroe, Texas. This vaccination site is possible due to the Department of State Health Services allocating 2,000 doses to Lone Star Family Health Center this week.
“As the state continues to increase the amount vaccines allocated to our community providers in the coming weeks, Montgomery County is proud to be partnering with Lone Star Family Health to open our first community mass vaccination site. Eligible residents can begin to make appointments to receive their first dose on-site and as additional supply becomes available from the state we look forward to opening more sites across the county to help get those in the community who wish to receive the vaccine easier access.” said County Judge Mark Keough.
Based on the limited availability of COVID-19 vaccine doses currently allocated to Montgomery County, the site will open Wednesday, January 20th at 9AM and run through Friday, January 22nd until all available vaccine doses have been administered.
Montgomery County will follow the vaccine administration guidelines issued by the State of Texas and will be administering COVID-19 immunizations for the following:
• Front-line healthcare workers and first responders
• Residents of long-term care facilities
• Persons age 65 and over
• Persons age 18 years of age and older with at least one chronic medical condition that puts them at increased risk for severe illness from the virus that causes COVID-19, such as but not limited to:
• Chronic kidney disease
• COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
• Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies
• Solid organ transplantation
• Obesity and severe obesity (body mass index of 30 kg/m2 or higher)
• Sickle cell disease
• Type 2 diabetes mellitus
If you fall into one of these categories and would like to receive a vaccine, please register for an appointment at www.lonestarvaccine.com. Once your registration is accepted and you have been assigned a date and time to receive your vaccination, you must bring your QR Code and a valid form of identification to receive a vaccine. Vaccinations are by appointment only and If you do not have an appointment you will not be permitted inside the vaccine site.