The Woodlands Township Board holds meeting
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting at 4 p.m. Thursday, October 17, 2019, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard in The Woodlands, Texas.
Before addressing agenda items, President/General Manager Don Norrell recognized the Parks and Recreation Department for winning the 2019 National Gold Medal Award Grand Plaque for Excellence in Park and Recreation Management. Joe Turner, representing the American Academy of Parks and Recreation Administrators, presented the award.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
• Received Administrative Reports from Township departments.
• Approved an Interlocal Agreement with Montgomery County for Interim Funding of Precinct
• Approved an Interlocal Agreement with Montgomery County for Interim Funding of
Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office and Montgomery County Constable, Precinct 3 (Law
Enforcement Investigative Services – Crimes Against Children/Safe Harbor Program).
• Approved an Interlocal Agreement with Montgomery County for Interim Funding of the
Justice of the Peace.
• Awarded a bid for event production services.
• Awarded a bid for uniforms and related materials rental services.
• Awarded a bid for firework production services.
• Awarded a bid for unleaded fuel bulk supply.
• Awarded a bid for sound engineering services.
• Awarded a bid for tree removal and other arboriculture services.
• Awarded a bid for lake and pond maintenance services.
• Awarded a bid for custodial, gate and facility maintenance services.
• Awarded a bid for concrete services.
• Awarded a bid for reforestation services.
• Awarded a bid for server replacements.
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
• Took no action on Incorporation Planning Study matters.
• Accepted a report from Entergy Texas on recent power outages.
• Received and accepted an update from the Development Standards Committee.
• Received a briefing on regional thoroughfare plans and authorized letters to the City of Conroe and Montgomery County regarding proposed connector arterial roads on the plans.
• Deferred consideration on matters relating to executive search firms and/or the process for the President/General Manager recruitment to the October 23 meeting.
• Received a report on special event and host venue sponsorships and related agreements.
• Approved resolutions in support of the Conroe Independent School District bond issue.
• Approved 2020 Township Pay Structure and Employee Pay Increases.
• Deferred an update from the Drainage Task Force to the October 23 meeting.
• Took no action on a firefighters’ second squad.
The next Board of Directors regular meeting is scheduled to be held at 4 p.m. Wednesday, October 23, 2019. For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.