The Woodlands Township Board of Directors holds meeting
THE WOODLANDS, TX - The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting on Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard in The Woodlands, Texas.
At the start of the meeting, President/General Manager Jeff Jones recognized The Woodlands Township Parks and Recreation Department for their recent Texas Recreation & Parks Society “Innovative Program of the Year” Award. Mr. Jones also recognized The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Services Department for their National Night Out Award. Watch the Township Neighborhood Watch National Night Out video.
The Board of Directors received a report from the village of Alden Bridge.
Before addressing agenda items, the Board of Directors issued a proclamation in recognition of Heart Health Month. The death rate from heart attacks has risen dramatically during the COVID-19 pandemic, because people are delaying or not seeking care after experiencing symptoms and it is important not to ignore early warning signs. Adults with heart conditions are at an increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19, which makes it even more important to adopt healthy habits. The Board recognized Lt. Bill Holt, Firefighter Travis Nicholson, Firefighter Gary Rogers, Cadet Firefighter Reggie Jackson and Battalion Chief Mitch Hubbard of The Woodlands Fire Department for their role in saving the life of ninth-grader Julieta Valdes after she experienced Sudden Cardiac Arrest, resulting in loss of pulse for 23 minutes. Watch a video from Julieta Valdes about her experience.
The Board of Directors discussed the following matters on the Regular Agenda:
• Chairman Gordy Bunch provided a COVID-19 Update for Montgomery and Harris County including general bed usage, ICU bed usage, Hospital/COVID Census and more. His presentation can be found at this link.
Director Dr. Shelley Sekula-Gibbs, who serves as the Township’s Public Health Liaison, gave a healthcare update regarding COVID-19 cases, mortality rates due to the pandemic, transmission rates amongst various age groups, vaccine distribution in Texas and more. Her presentation can be found at this link.
Director Dr. Ann K. Snyder, who serves as the Township’s NonProfit Liaison, provided an update on non-profits including how unemployment rates, mental health struggles, housing instability and food insecurity relating to the pandemic have increased the need for non-profit resources. Her report included updates regarding the needs of Interfaith of The Woodlands, Montgomery County Food Bank, Community Assistance Center, Meals on Wheels, Mosaics of Mercy, Children’s Safe Harbor and more. Her presentation can be found at this link.
• Received updates on Winter Storms Uri and Viola storm damage and recovery efforts. View the report from The Woodlands Fire Department.
View the debris removal report.
View the report from Community Relations regarding emergency communications.
• Received and accepted the financial report. View the report.
• Approved a Petition for Annexation for a 50.5518 acre tract of land located on Indian Hill Road (“Tract”) and adopted Order No. 004-21 Adding Land and Resolution No. 005-21 Authorizing the Removal of the Tract from Harris County Emergency Services District No. 7 (“ESD 7”).
• Approved renewal of the Alpha & Omega Mounted Patrol contract.
• Approved a Public Information Act fee policy.
• Approved the 2021 Parks and Recreation Facility and Amenity Fee Analysis.
View the report.
• Approved the streetscape landscape restoration and installations due to road right-of-way intersection improvements.
• Approved a Signage Easement with The Woodlands Land Development Company and awarded a bid for the Grogan’s Forest neighborhood entry sign.
• Approved a funding request from the Visit The Woodlands Board of Directors.
Please stay connected to The Woodlands Township through many communications channels. Learn more and sign up at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/stayinformed. Follow the Township’s official Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/thewoodlandstownship.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.