The Woodlands Township Board holds meeting on Wednesday, July 28, 2021
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting on Wednesday, July 28, 2021 at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard in The Woodlands, Texas.
At the start of the meeting, the Board of Directors received reports from the Villages of Alden Bridge, College Park, Grogan’s Mill, Indian Springs and Panther Creek.
Before addressing regular business items, the Board of Directors issued a proclamation.
In recognition of The Woodlands High School winning the 2020-21 Lone Star Cup for Best in Class 6A for overall team achievement in UIL Academic/Athletic/Music championships, the Board of Directors proclaimed Wednesday, July 28, 2021 as The Woodlands High School Lone Star Cup Winner Day in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
• Authorized execution of an Election Services Agreement with Harris County, Texas.
• Authorized execution of an Election Services Agreement with Montgomery County, Texas.
• Authorized execution of a Joint Election Agreement with Montgomery County, Texas and possibly other jurisdictions in Montgomery County, Texas.
• Approved reclassifying the Economic Development Committee.
• Approved terminating a housing agreement with Cypress Creek Emergency Management Services.
• Approved a housing agreement with Harris County Emergency Services District No. 11.
• Awarded bids for pool plaster refurbishment and pool replaster.
The Board of Directors discussed the following matters on the Regular Agenda:
• Received and accepted a presentation on Incorporation Planning Study matters. View the presentation.
• Accepted reports from Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, Harris County Constable’s Office Precinct 4 and Montgomery County Constable’s Office Precinct 3.
• Received and accepted the financial report. View the presentation.
• Received and accepted the preliminary 2022 Budget and Five Year Plan. View the presentation.
• Accepted a quarterly update from Visit The Woodlands (Convention & Visitors Bureau). View the presentation.
• No action taken on adopting guidelines for a Cultural Arts Grant Program.
• Accepted the enhanced proposal from Lone Star Recreation / Landscape Structures for the renovation of Bear Branch Park Inclusive Playground. View the presentation.
• Received information on Qualified Organizations, field assets restricted by Parks & Wildlife Grants, and park field expansion options. View the presentation.
• Authorized Resolution Number 016-21 pertaining to casting votes for the Montgomery Central Appraisal District Special District candidate, Peggy Hausman, to be placed on a county-wide ballot for the Board of Directors of the Montgomery Central Appraisal District.
• Authorized Resolution 017-21 casting a vote for conservation and reclamation district candidate, Bob Milner, to fill a vacancy on the Harris County Appraisal District Board of Directors and authorized the Board Chairman to sign the ballot certification.
• Adopted the order calling Directors Election to be held on November 2, 2021 and determining procedure of giving notice of same.
• Deferred discussion of an agreement between Montgomery County and The Woodlands Township regarding participation in the Montgomery County Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Urban County jurisdiction.
Please stay connected to The Woodlands Township through many communications channels. Learn more and sign up at?www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/stayinformed.?Follow the Township’s official Facebook page at?https://www.facebook.com/thewoodlandstownship.??
For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.