Hurricane Season Ends Today
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- November 30 marks Traditional End of Hurricane Season in the Atlantic.
18 Named Storms, 6 Hurricanes, 3 Major Hurricanes
• In South Texas
• Hurricane Barry made landfall nearby in Louisiana, with little impacts for Southeast
• Tropical Storm Imelda became the United States' 7th wettest tropical syclone, as the
storm and its remnants caused significant flooding for our area.
• Elsewhere in the Atlantic
• Hurricane Dorian devastated parts of the Bahamas where it made landfall and stalled as a
Category 5 hurricane, with winds of 185 mph.
• Hurricane Lorenzo became the easternmost Category 5 hurricane on record in the Atlantic.
• Hurricane Pablo was the easternmost hurricane on record in the Atlantic.