Texas Real Estate Commission Planning and Introductory Tour Announced
AUSTIN, TX - The Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) is pleased to announce a planning and introductory tour with the new Chairman of the TREC, Scott Kesner, and the newly named Executive Director, Chelsea Buchholtz. In the rapidly changing real estate market in Texas, the challenges of how best to balance consumer protection with regulation that supports continued economic growth are ever-present. The future is bright, but also complicated with internet buyers, desires for license portability, and perceived barriers to entry. All license holders are invited to participate in shaping the path forward for TREC at one of the following sessions:
- March 24 – Odessa Board of REALTORS – 1:30pm – Odessa Country Club
- March 31 – Online Session via Facebook LIVE – 10am – Register Here
- April 16 – San Antonio Board of REALTORS – 12pm – SABOR Offices Main Ballroom
- April 20 – Houston Association of REALTORS via webcast – 1:30 pm - Session link and details TBD
- April 30 – MetroTex Association of REALTORS – 12pm – DFW Realtors Offices
These sessions will be held in coordination with local Texas REALTOR Association and Board offices throughout the state. Texas REALTORS is the largest professional membership association in Texas that represents Texas real estate license holders.
TREC works to protect the public through the agency’s licensing, education, and complaint investigation services, as well as regulation and enforcement of state and requirements that govern each of these areas of service to consumers in Texas.
For more information please see the TREC website.