Update on both tropical Storms Marco and Laura
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- Here are the latest (10AM CDT) updates on both Tropical Storms Marco and Laura. While Marco is closer to SE TX, Laura remains one to watch for in the coming days.
Tropical Storm Marco
• Maximum sustained winds: 50 mph
Movement: Northwest at 8 mph
• Marco has weakened and is not expected to regain hurricane strength.
• This system could weaken further to a tropical depression as it slowly tracks west-northwest toward SE TX on Tuesday.
• Tropical Storm and Warnings are in effect from the Louisiana to Alabama borders.
Tropical Storm Laura
• Maximum sustained: 60 mph
Movement: west northwest at 20 mph.
• Expected to move into the central Gulf and strengthen to a hurricane early Tuesday.
• Hurricane Watches will likely be required for portions of the northwest Gulf coast area by this evening.
• Interests over the northern Gulf coast should continue to monitor this system. There is much uncertainty regarding Laura's forecast track, but confidence should improve once the system moves into the Gulf.