The Woodlands Township Board holds meeting
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- The Woodlands Township Board of Directors met in person for the first time since March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic to hold its regular meeting on Thursday, October 22, 2020 at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
• Received Administrative Reports from Township departments.?
• Approved an Interlocal Agreement with Montgomery County for the annual funding of
Precinct 3 Justice of the Peace.
• Approved an Interlocal Agreement with Montgomery County for annual funding of the
• Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office (Law Enforcement Investigative Services – Crimes
• Against Children/Safe Harbor Program).
• Approved an Interlocal Agreement with Montgomery County for annual funding of Precinct 3 Constables (Law Enforcement Investigative Services – Crimes Against Children / Safe Harbor Program).
• Approved the annual Service Agreement with Senior Rides, for the provision of limited eligibility demand-response transportation services.
• Approved the annual Service Agreement with South Montgomery County YMCA.
• Approved the annual Service Agreement with The Center for Houston’s Future.
• Approved the annual Service Agreement with Leadership Montgomery County.
• Approved a renewal and modification to the Fire Services Dispatch Agreement with Montgomery County Fire Chiefs Association.
• Approved a multi-functional printer 36-month lease and maintenance addendums with Xerox Financial Services, LLC and Xerox Business Solutions Southwest.
• Approved an Interlocal Agreement with Montgomery County for IT Resource Sharing.
• Approved an Amendment to the 2018 Service Agreement for Mobile Ticketing System with Masabi, Inc. for Park and Ride Commuter Bus Service.
• Approved an Interlocal Agreement with Harris County RIDES for the provision of ADA required paratransit service for the Town Center Trolley.
The Board of Directors discussed the following matters on the Regular Agenda:??
• Approved the annual Service Agreement with Interfaith of The Woodlands for senior transportation services.
• Received and accepted a report on re-platting, land use rights and approval processes within the Township boundaries, and specifically “Mitchell Island” in East Shore.
• Received and accepted a?report on?free mobile COVID testing at Town Hall. Beginning October 23, 2020 through mid-November, daily testing is available from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. in the Town Hall parking lot at 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard in The Woodlands, Texas. Testing is done by oral swabs and results are provided within 24 - 48 hours via text or email. Walk-ups are welcome. Appointments are not necessary but you can book an appointment at https://curative.com/.
• Received and accepted a briefing from Entergy Texas.
• Received and accepted the Comprehensive Facilities Report for The Woodlands Fire Department Emergency Training Center and Fire Stations 3, 4, 5, as drafted by Martinez Architects.
• Approved a request to place Cub Scout signs in Township parks through October 31, 2020.
• Received an update from the Drainage Task Force and approved expanding the focus of the Drainage Task Force to include groundwater, surface water, subsidence, sedimentation and watersheds, and to change the name of the Drainage Task Force to “One Water Task Force'.
• Approved reclassifying the Ad Hoc Economic Development Committee to a standing committee called the Economic Development Committee.
• Approved Board procedures, policies and protocols.
• Approved definition for task force and board liaison roles.
• Approved guidelines for board motions and voting.
Please stay connected to The Woodlands Township through many communications channels. Learn more and sign up at?www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/stayinformed.?Follow the Township’s official Facebook page at?https://www.facebook.com/thewoodlandstownship.??
For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit?www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.