The Woodlands Township Board holds videoconference meeting
THE WOODLANDS, TX - The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting via videoconference on Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 6 p.m.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
• Received Administrative Reports from Township departments.
• Approved the 2020 capital project carryovers and related 2021 budget amendment.
The Board of Directors discussed the following matters on the Regular Agenda:
• Deferred COVID-19 updates to the February 24, 2021 board meeting.
• Received updates on Winter Storms Uri and Viola storm damage and recovery efforts and authorized a plan for waste collection services related to the unprecedented storm emergency. Updates included:
- Electrical power status updates for Entergy and CenterPoint service areas.
- An update for The Woodlands Fire Department operations during the winter storm emergency.
- An update regarding waste and recycling services and a proposed plan for service recovery and construction debris.
-- In partnership with Waste Management, the Township’s plan will allow residents to set out extra trash next week at no extra service charge. Please note, yard waste pickup will be suspended next week to allow for the additional garbage loads expected.
-- From Monday, February 22, 2021 through Friday, February 26, 2021, each household may set out up to three bags of trash (up to 40 lbs. each) in addition to their trash cart. Trash carts must accompany extra bags of trash to facilitate loading into the waste collection truck.
-- Each household may set out up to two additional bags with extra trash “pink” tags affixed. These tags will be provided free of charge. Residents may pick up tags from The Woodlands Kroger stores from Friday, February 19, 2021 through Sunday, February 21, 2021. For more household waste and construction debris information, please view our news release.
- An update on the San Jacinto River Authority (SJRA), which is supplying potable water from Lake Conroe to regional and statewide partners including hospitals, dialysis centers, airports and Houston SPCA.
- An update for residents in MUD 386 who have frozen pipes in their home and who need non-potable water. Residents may visit Burroughs Park, which is adjacent to the Village of Creekside Park. Harris County residents in need of non-potable water for such things as flushing toilets are welcome to bring containers to fill. Non-potable water is not suitable for drinking. Burroughs Park is located at 9738 Hufsmith Rd, Tomball, TX. Municipal District Services is the operator for MUD 386. They report the water supply system in MUD 386 is sound and the water is safe to drink.
- An update on Interfaith of The Woodlands services in response to the weather emergency. They will continue food distribution by curbside in their parking lot, 4242 Interfaith Way. Food Distribution will take place on Friday, February 19, 2021 from 1 to 3 p.m. and then will resume distribution every Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Families needing crisis assistance including rent/mortgage and utility assistance, gas and clothing vouchers and prescription assistance can email email@example.com or call 281-367-1230 during office hours of 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Approved an Interlocal Agreement with Montgomery County for use of The Woodlands Township Firefighters to assist with County COVID-19 vaccination efforts.
• Approved a Memorandum of Understanding that would allow Township Firefighters to assist with COVID-19 vaccinations at the Houston Methodist The Woodlands clinics outside of the Interlocal Agreement with The Montgomery County Office of Emergency Management.
• Approved renovation of the Grogan’s Mill Nature Trail Bridge.
Please stay connected to The Woodlands Township through many communications channels. Learn more and sign up at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/stayinformed. Follow the Township’s official Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/thewoodlandstownship.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.