Vehicle Title & Registration Waiver Ends April 14, 2021
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, TX -- The temporary waiver of certain vehicle title and registration requirements, announced by Governor Greg Abbott on March 16, 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, will end at 11:59 p.m. on April 14, 2021. Montgomery County Tax Assessor-Collector Tammy McRae urges county residents to complete any overdue transactions now.
“Don’t wait until the last minute,” McRae said. “Montgomery County offers several convenient options to renew your registration and complete other transactions that were temporarily waived due to the pandemic.”
Options for renewing your vehicle registration:
• Online: Visit www.mctotx.org or www.TxDMV.gov. There is a $1 discount if you renew online. Online renewal is available up to nine months past your registration expiration date.
• Mail: Return the bottom portion of your registration renewal form, payment and other required information to the Montgomery County Tax Assessor-Collector’s office.
• In Person: Conroe, Magnolia, Montgomery, New Caney & The Woodlands. Please visit our website for address information.
Appointments available in Conroe & The Woodlands
Reminder: Before renewing registration, Montgomery County residents will need to obtain a passing vehicle inspection at the state vehicle inspection station of their choice, unless their vehicle is exempt from inspection requirements.
The expiring temporary waiver covers the following services:
• Initial vehicle registration.
• Vehicle registration renewal.
• Vehicle titling.
• Renewal of permanent disabled parking placards.
• 30-day temporary permits.
If you need assistance with completing your transaction, please contact the Montgomery County Tax Assessor-Collector’s office at 936.539.7897.