In Response to Growing COVID-19 Cases, Memorial Hermann Updates Visitor Policy, Effective July 21
HOUSTON, TX -- Memorial Hermann remains committed to providing a safe environment for our employees, physicians, and other members of our workforce, as well as patients and their loved ones. In response to the rapid increase in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations across the Greater Houston area, Memorial Hermann will modify its visitor policy, effective July 21.
At this time, there are no changes to Memorial Hermann’s screening or masking requirements.
The following modifications have been made to Memorial Hermann’s visitor policy for inpatient facilities. Any exceptions to this policy will be managed by the individual facility:
• Acute care facilities, TIRR Memorial Hermann Hospital, Memorial Hermann Rehabilitation Hospital-Katy and Memorial Hermann Prevention & Recovery Center (PaRC) will allow one adult visitor (18 and over) per adult patient per day. No overnight visitors will be allowed, except for one adult visitor for patients at TIRR Memorial Hermann Hospital and Memorial Hermann Rehabilitation Hospital-Katy, and for patients with life-threatening injuries. This adult should be the same adult who visited that day.
• Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital and all other Memorial Hermann acute care hospitals will allow:
• Two parent/guardian visitors per pediatric patient per day. One of the same two parent/guardian visitors may also stay overnight.
• For laboring, antepartum and postpartum patients, two adult visitors (18 and over) per patient per day. One of the same adult visitors may also stay overnight.
• Age restrictions do not apply to visitors who present in the Emergency Center with a patient. Minors (age 17 and under) who accompany Emergency Center patients must remain with the patient.
• One adult (18 and over) visitor per day will be allowed for patients in contact isolation (no overnight visitors). No visitors will be allowed for patients in droplet, airborne or a combination of isolation precautions.
• Family members may visit patients in hospice or supportive medicine care.
The following modifications have been made to Memorial Hermann’s visitor policy for outpatient facilities. Any exceptions to this policy will be managed by the individual facility:
• Memorial Hermann Imaging Centers, Memorial Hermann Breast Care Centers, Memorial Hermann Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation and Memorial Hermann Convenient Care Center locations will allow one visitor (age 12 and over) per adult patient. Pediatric patients may have up to two individuals accompanying them.
• Memorial Hermann Medical Group clinics will allow:
• One primary caregiver, such as a guardian or adult caregiver of a dependent patient or individual accompanying patient with special needs, for adult patients.
• One accompanying adult for OB visits and OB ultrasound visits.
• One parent/guardian for any pediatric patient visits. Two parents/guardians will be allowed for pediatric patients under the age of 18 months old and for patients needing discussion about developmental concerns.
• Reasonable accommodations will be made for pediatric visits, provided any sibling visitors are in good health.
• TIRR Memorial Hermann Outpatient Rehabilitation and Memorial Hermann Rehabilitation Hospital-Katy Outpatient Rehabilitation will allow one parent/guardian visitor per pediatric patient. Patients visiting the TIRR Memorial Hermann Outpatient Medical Clinic are allowed one adult visitor.
University Place, a Memorial Hermann Skilled Nursing Facility and independent adult living community, continues to adhere to the state’s guidelines for nursing center visitation.