Memorial Hermann Visitor Policy Effective August 11, 2011
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- Memorial Hermann remains committed to providing a safe environment for our employees, physicians, and other members of our workforce, as well as patients and their loved ones. As cases of COVID-19 continue to increase at an alarming rate in the Greater Houston area, Memorial Hermann is reinstating a No Visitor Policy at all facilities across the System, effective Wednesday, Aug. 11, 2021.
There will be very limited compassionate exceptions – listed below – to the No Visitor Policy. All approved visitors will be required to clear a health screening before entering the facility and wear a Memorial Hermann-provided mask.
Limited Inpatient Exceptions
For all acute care hospitals, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital, TIRR Memorial Hermann, Memorial Hermann Rehabilitation Hospital-Katy and the Memorial Hermann Prevention and Recovery Center:
• One adult visitor (18 and over) per laboring, antepartum and postpartum patient per day. This same visitor may stay overnight.
• One parent/guardian visitor per pediatric patient per day. This same visitor may stay overnight.
• One adult visitor for patients with life-threatening injuries. This same visitor may stay overnight.
• One visitor for patients receiving emergent care. (Age restrictions do not apply to visitors under 18 who present in the Emergency Center with a patient. Minors who accompany Emergency Center patients must remain with the patient.)
• One adult visitor for patients at the time of discharge following a surgery or procedure.
• Family members for patients in hospice or supportive medicine.
• Patients with a disability, including cognitive impairment, or other medical condition who need assistance communicating with staff will be evaluated for potential visitor exceptions on a case-by-case basis.
Limited Outpatient Exceptions
For the following outpatient facilities, including Outpatient Imaging Departments, Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation clinics, Convenient Care Centers, MHMG locations, MNA Clinics and the Davis Clinic, TIRR Memorial Hermann Outpatient Rehabilitation Centers and Memorial Hermann Rehabilitation Hospital-Katy Outpatient Rehabilitation Center:
• One parent/guardian visitor for pediatric patients.
• One primary caregiver, such as a guardian or adult caregiver of a dependent patient or individual accompanying patient with special needs, for adult patients.
University Place continues to adhere to the state’s guidelines for nursing center visitation.
Approved visitors will be required to clear a health screening before entering the facility, as well as wear a Memorial Hermann-provided mask at all times. Please visit memorialhermann.org/screening to complete online screening prior to arrival.
We know it is important for you to receive regular updates on the status of your loved one. We have set up the following dedicated hours – between 1 and 5 p.m., 7 days a week - where authorized family and friends can reach our clinical staff to receive a status update on your loved one. Zoom calls are also available upon request. To ensure our clinical teams can give you their full attention, we ask that one representative from your family call for updates.