Registration Opens for 2022 Earth Day GreenUp Litter Cleanup Event
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- Residents are invited to join The Woodlands Township for the 11th annual Earth Day GreenUp on Saturday, March 26, 2022. This is an opportunity to team up with family and friends to target litter in parks and green spaces and help keep our community beautiful while enjoying the outdoors. Each year more than a thousand GreenUp volunteers remove over 4,500 pounds of litter - the equivalent of 76 of our curbside trash carts!
Check in between 8 and 10 a.m. at one of eight Township parks noted below. Participants will receive disposable gloves, bags, a map to a nearby cleanup location and a limited supply of trash grabbers. All are encouraged to bring a reusable water bottle and work gloves.
After returning bagged litter and equipment to the check-in site, participants will enjoy a “clean your block” party hosted by The Woodlands Township, your local Village Association and sponsors at each check-in site with a pizza lunch to celebrate your efforts with your neighbors from 11 a.m to noon.
Earth Day GreenUp is coordinated by The Woodlands Township Environmental Services Department with support from Waste Management, Woodlands Water, H-E-B, Howard Hughes Corporation, Chevron Phillips Chemical, Papa John’s Pizza, Keep Texas Beautiful and The Woodlands G.R.E.E.N. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 281-210-3800.
Join Earth Day GreenUp 2022
• Register through Monday, March 21, 2022, at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/greenup
• Check-in: Saturday, March 26, 8 to 10 a.m. at a location near you. Walk-ups welcome.
• Alden Bridge: Alden Bridge Park
• Cochran’s Crossing: Shadowbend Park
• College Park: Harper’s Landing Park
• Creekside Park: The Lodge at Rob Fleming Park
• Grogan’s Mill: Sawmill Park
• Indian Springs: Falconwing Park
• Panther Creek: Ridgewood Park
• Sterling Ridge: May Valley Park
Cleanup: 8 to 11 a.m.
Check-out and Clean Your Block Party: 11 a.m. to noon
More Info: Call Environmental Services at 281-210-3800
On event day, remember:
• Walk ups are welcome on event day
• All participants will need to sign a waiver at check-in. Participants under the age of 18 must be signed in by a parent or legal guardian.
• Wear appropriate clothing - long pants and closed-toe shoes or boots are recommended
• Remember hats, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, reusable gloves and water bottle
• Disposable gloves and bags will be provided
• A limited number of grabbers and vests will be available for groups that register
For more information on Township Environmental Services Department events, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/environment.