Memorial Hermann’s In the Pink of Health Luncheon Invests $520,000 to Support Breast and Ovarian Health in Montgomery County
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- It was a wonderful reunion of over 800 guests attending the In the Pink of Health luncheon last October, in-person at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott. The annual luncheon raises critical funds to support its mission to change lives by raising funds to reduce the incidence of breast and ovarian cancer and assist survivors in their journey.
In the Pink of Health welcomed back its top sponsors, past sponsors and many new sponsors. Richie’s Specialty Pharmacy served as Presenting Sponsor while Tricia and Jack Futcher, once again, stepped up generously as the Tricia and Jack Futcher Legacy Sponsors. At the $25,000 level, Adcetera renewed their Brand Patron sponsorship, with Pink Diamond sponsors Northside
Imports, Mary Ann and Marty Young, and Jessica and Trey Brice (in Memory of Melissa Preston). “We are so grateful to our sponsors and each of our supporters for making our work possible,” remarked 2022 In the Pink of Health co-chair Dee Gelsomini.
Each January, after the luncheon expenses have been reconciled, the In the Pink of Health Allocations Committee meets to distribute funds. This year, the committee distributed $520,000 to support the In the Pink mission. Recipients include partner organizations who are on the front-line providing cancer prevention and support for cancer survivors.
• The Rose, a longtime partner who ensures that underserved women in Montgomery County are able to receive cancer treatment. $55,000
• Ovarcome, a global organization that raises awareness about ovarian cancer and provides funds to support ovarian cancer patients in Montgomery County. $35,000
• The Interfaith Community Clinic received in-kind support of $66,000 to fund mammograms for the underserved/uninsured and $5,000 for outreach and patient navigation. Note that Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center will provide free mammograms for any qualified patient referred by the Interfaith Community Clinic.
• The Breast Care Center at Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center received $60,000 for Hologic’s SmartCurve™ system enhancement to improve the comfort of mammograms and $60,000 toward waiting area for renovations.
• Memorial Hermann’s Nurse Navigator received $39,000 to purchase supplies for cancer patients like prostheses, wigs and books.
• Canopy, the Cancer Survivorship Center at Memorial Hermann The Woodlands, received $200,000 to support its annual operations. Canopy provides all of its services free of charge to cancer patients and their families, regardless of where they are receiving treatment.
The 2023 In the Pink of Health luncheon will be held on Friday, September 15th at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott. “We invite everyone to join us for our 23rd annual In the Pink of Health event. The funds we raise stay right here in Montgomery County to support our neighbors in their fight against cancer,” says Debra Cooper, 2022 In the Pink of Health co-chair.
Michelle Leary and Patti Jorgensen will serve as co-chairs of the 2023 event. “Michelle and Patti have been valued members of the In the Pink of Health committee and they bring a wealth of knowledge to their chair position roles, as well as passion to our mission,” shares Linda Nelson, Director of Business Development for Memorial Hermann The Woodlands.
For more information on sponsorships, please visit inthepinkofhealth.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.