Scouts Rally Together for One Day of Service Sat, Dec 9
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- Local Scouts are making plans for a Day of Service on Saturday, December 9 to brighten holiday spirits while addressing the needs of many in our community. Members of Scouts BSA Troop 777, Troop 1777, Cub Scout Pack 777, Venturing Crew 112, and Sea Scout Ship 777 come together to host several in-person and drive-type service projects in one day at Trinity Episcopal Church in The Woodlands.
After surveying needs in our local area, youth leadership of the Scouting units are inviting friends, family, and members of the public to join them in service. This call to action will involve a variety of endeavors ranging from assisting neighbors in need to honoring fallen heroes.
The service projects will begin at 9:00 a.m. and continue until 6:00 p.m. at Trinity Episcopal Church campus, located at 3901 S. Panther Creek Dr., The Woodlands, Texas 77381.
The public is asked to assist with drop off items to benefit homeless Veterans, local children in state-managed care, books for local little libraries and bookshelves maintained for seniors, and food for local pantries.
- Adult-sized jeans, sweatpants/other long pants, long/short sleeved shirts, sweatshirts, jackets, and shoes in good condition
- twin/full/queen size blankets
- new toys, gently used or new children's books, novels, fiction, non-fiction self-help, or trade books
- non-perishable food
Other opportunities to assist the Scouts include in-person service projects:
- Assembling hygiene kits for homeless veterans
- sorting/boxing/preparing donations received in the drive-thru for distribution to multiple local charities
- making bags for homebound seniors and toys for children in need
- preparation of United States and Texas flags for proper retirement
- creating a video-recorded collection to honor fallen heroes and Veterans that will be preserved in the U.S. Library of Congress.
Trinity Scouts will be prepared to welcome all volunteers to answer this call and make a positive impact in our community. While the motto of these youth is to “do a good turn daily,” they want to inspire others to do the same as part of this service initiative during this holiday season.
Please contact Dawn Kotalik for additional information by email at email@example.com or by calling (281) 705-9793