Assists and supports Director in all aspects of management of the center, to include human resources, marketing, customer relations, financial systems, quality control & physical facility.
• Assists in the management of the Center to ensure effective and cost-conscious operation. Assumes full responsibility for academy management in director’s absence.
• Ensures compliance with all federal and state laws, as well as all Center's standard operating procedures.
• Assists in completing & submitting required paperwork & record keeping on a timely basis, maintaining in an organized, up-to-date manner.
• Takes an active role in planning & participating in academy activities (staff meetings, training sessions, open houses).
• Performs all duties assigned of teacher during portion of day assigned to classroom.
• Accepts temporary work assignments in the event regularly scheduled personnel are not available.
• Develops and maintains positive, professional working relationship with center staff.
• Assists in daily supervision of staff; keeps director apprised of staff concerns and situations needing attention; provides performance appraisal input to director.
• Assists with staff scheduling, recruitment efforts, interviews, and the hiring process.
• Assists with enrollment inquiries, follow-up and academy tours in order to increase enrollment.
• Develops a strong working knowledge of Center's Philosophy, Mission, Core Values, and programs in order to communicate same to current clients, prospective customers or other community entities.
• Develops and actively maintains positive communication with parents.
• Assists in recognizing parental concerns, evaluation of the course of action and responding professionally to parents’ needs.
• Develops a strong working knowledge of the academy budget and assists director in managing all resources effectively and within budgetary constraints.
• Assists in tracking all monetary transactions with customers and vendors.
• Assists in training staff to plan and implement developmentally appropriate classroom activities.
• Helps ensure that quality control of programs is sound and meets state and Center's requirements. Provides feedback to director on quality control issues and assists in resolving quality control issues.
• Actively participates in local professional associations; for example, local Texas AEYC.
• Responsible for completing at least 24 clock hours (or more based on local regulations) of approved continued training during the licensing year.
Performs other similar or related duties as necessary.
Be at least 18 years of age
Possess a minimum of High School Diploma/GED/or Equivalent
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Maintain a professional appearance
Possess solid communication (written & verbal) & interpersonal skills
Possess ability to be resourceful & proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
Possess ability to organize, multi-task, prioritize, work under pressure
Possess integrity 'doing the right thing when no one is watching'
Depending On Experience
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
Montgomery, TX Child Care Center 77316