• Plans and prepares snacks and meals in accordance with posted menus and nutrition
• Determines meal and snack count and distributes food to each classroom.
• Removes trays and leftovers from classrooms and disposes accordingly.
• Performs weekly food and supply inventory; submits list of needed items to director.
• Orders food and supply items from approved supplier, within budget set by director.
Checks-in supply deliveries to ensure accuracy of order placed.
• Ensures that all state and local health department, licensing, safety and nutritional
requirements are met; follows standards of personal hygiene, safety, and sanitation and
ensures that other staff in kitchen do the same.
• Keeps kitchen, including appliances, cabinets and all inventory, organized and clean.
• Attends and participates in staff meetings, training sessions, and academy events as
• Accepts temporary work assignments in the event regularly scheduled personnel are not
available. For example: takes full responsibility for the classroom in the absence of the
Teacher; assists and supervises children during all activities; counsels children when social,
academic, or adjustment problems arise, if qualified to assist in classroom. Diaper
changing/toileting assistance is prohibited until food preparation is complete for the day.
Performs other similar or related duties as necessary.
Responsible for the planning and preparation of snacks and meals; orders and inventories all
kitchen items. Ensures all health and safety standards are met; accepts temporary assignments
within the academy.
Maintains Food Handler’s Certification as required by state or local regulations.
May be required to have appropriate state driver's license in order to drive school van
to the store, commuter schools, and/or assist with van runs and field trips.
Pay will be Commensurate with Experience
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time