Montgomery County Women of Distinction luncheon
THE WOODLANDS, TX --Montgomery County Women’s Council of Organizations (MCWCO) board of directors hosted more than 400 people at its annual Women of Distinction luncheon on Friday, May 3, 2019, at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott hotel.
29 Volunteers from Local Nonprofits Honored at the 29th Annual Women of Distinction Luncheon
Known by its name “Women of Distinction”, the luncheon honors designated, extraordinary volunteers in the community for various nonprofits within Montgomery County. In its 29th year, the event rightfully celebrated 29 distinguished volunteers.
The 2019 Women of Distinction honorees are:
1. Betty Byrd, Montgomery County Republican Women’s Club
2. Brittney Bates, Montgomery County Women’s Center
3. Carol Brushwood, Cypress Woodlands Junior Forum
4. Carolyn Gray, Women Inspiring Supporting Entrepreneurs
5. Cindy Hardin, The Woodlands Arts Council
6. Dawn Candy, Montgomery County Association of Business Women
7. Deborah Butler, The Pavilion Partners
8. Donna Stedman, Henry’s Home Horse and Human Sanctuary
9. Edna Asare, Children’s Books on Wheels
10. Elvira Graham, Interfaith of The Woodlands
11. Jennifer Colerick, Junior League of The Woodlands, Inc.
12. Karla LaFitte, National Charity League The Woodlands Chapter of 1 3
13. Katie Gillespie, Love Fosters Hope
14. Laura Everson, Montgomery County Youth Services - YES to YOUTH
15. Layne Carrell, The Woodlands Republican Women
16. Lindsey Wiegand Lackey, Executive Women’s Alliance
17. Lois Clarke, Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center Auxiliary
18. Louise Phillips, Pregnancy Assistance Center North
19. Maggie McPherson Marmack, Faith Fighting Cancer
20. Meagan Jamaluddin, New Danville
21. Melissa Young, Leadership Montgomery County
22.Olimpia Petzold-Rodriguez, Canopy at Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center
23. Rebecca Schneider, The Woodlands Methodist School
24. Roseanne Ganley, Interfaith Community Clinic
25. Ryan Mathes, Rotary Club on The Woodlands
26. Susan Mack, The Breast Cancer Charities of America
27. Teresa Starr, The Woodlands Charities
28. Theresa Wagaman, National Charity League, Bluebonnet Chapter
29. Vanjia Thomas, Community Assistance Center
The luncheon including a special speaking presentation from Gigi Woodruff of YMCA of the USA as well as owner of Gigi Woodruff & Associates where she uplifted attendees with a motivational speech about the importance of volunteerism.
Woodruff is recognized for her ability to engage an audience in dialogue and collaborative learning. Currently serving as the Senior Leadership Development Manager for the Talent and Knowledge Management Department at the YMCA of the USA, Gigi focuses her attention on developing executive and volunteer development
initiatives that advance a leader’s competence and confidence as they navigate the growing complexity and uncertainty of today’s business environment.
The Women of Distinction luncheon was formed in 1990 to bring light to the volunteer community. Local 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations operating in Montgomery County can become a member of MCWCO. Each year the member organizations gather to honor their 'Women of Distinction'. She is recognized for the numerous hours, unyielding commitment and loyal dedication she has provided their agency.