The Woodlands Township Board Holds Meeting
THE WOODLANDS, TX – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting at 6 p.m. Wednesday, January 22, 2020, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard in The Woodlands, Texas.
Before addressing agenda items, the Board of Directors accepted reports from Village Association representatives from the villages of Alden Bridge, Grogan’s Mill and Indian Springs.
The Board of Directors took the following action on the Consent Agenda:
- Approved the Fourth Amendment to Donation Agreement with Waterway Arts Council, Inc. for the Art Bench Project Phase IV.
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Referred discussion of Randalls store closures in Grogan’s Mill Village center and Panther Creek Village Center to the Ad Hoc Economic Development Committee.
- Took no action on Incorporation Planning Study matters.
- Accepted quarterly updates on Law Enforcement from Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, Montgomery County Constable Precinct 3 and Harris County Constable Precinct 4.
- Received a presentation from The Woodlands Water Agency and the Houston Advanced Research Center (HARC) on a Regional Subsidence and Groundwater Research Consortium and potential Township involvement.
- Received a presentation from The Woodlands Children’s Museum and directed the Ad Hoc Economic Development Committee to explore potential options for assisting the museum.
- Adopted the 2020 Budget Calendar.
- Approved the 2020 Swimming Pool Schedule and deferred consideration of the 2020-2021 Parks and Recreation Department Aquatics Division Business and Operational Plan to February.
- Discussed matters pertaining to Township Order 020-09 regarding Use of Park, Recreation and Open Space Areas. Following discussions, the Board requested to hold a Public Hearing at the regular meeting scheduled for Thursday, February 20, 2020 at The Woodlands Township, 2801 Technology Forest Blvd., The Woodlands, Texas 77381.
- Approved up to 50 percent of the Local Share requirement needed to fund the Park and Ride pilot program route to the Energy Corridor. Township Staff will provide monthly updates.
- Accepted a quarterly update from Visit The Woodlands (Convention & Visitors Bureau).
- Received and accepted an update from the Development Standards Committee.
The next Board of Directors regular meeting is scheduled to be held on Thursday, February 20, 2020 at 4 p.m. For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.