Memorial Hermann’s In the Pink of Health Celebrates 20 Years with “A Porch Affair” Virtual Event Oct. 23
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- Cancer never takes a break, and neither does Memorial Hermann’s In the Pink of Health. The annual event, presented by SGL Foundation, is a longstanding tradition in The Woodlands. For 20 years, ladies and gentlemen have donned their pink and teal and enjoyed a full host of activities: a champagne reception, auctions, and a boutique, culminating with the luncheon that featured a celebrity speaker and a testimonial from a local cancer survivor. People gathered to raise money to help reduce the incidence of breast and ovarian cancers and to support cancer survivors and their families.
Like many other events, guests will not be gathering at the Marriott this year, but will be celebrating from the safety of their home and enjoying the program on screen. The medium may have changed, but the mission remains the same.
'During this time of increased unemployment, high stress and uncertainty, the need for In the Pink of Health to continue providing services for our friends and neighbors is greater than ever. We appreciate those who can us help us fulfill our mission by safely celebrating A Porch Affair with guests, whether it’s on a porch, a back yard, or in the comfort of your home,' remarked Dee Gelsomini, In the Pink of Health co-chair.
In the Pink of Health welcomes back the support of many sponsors, including top sponsors SGL, Tricia and Jack Futcher, Adcetera, Makeup Junkie, and Mary Ann and Marty Young.
'We are so thankful to our community partners for their support of Memorial Hermann’s In the Pink of Health. This year we are celebrating our 20th anniversary and we are proud to say that we have reinvested over $6.6 million back to our community here in Montgomery County,” said Debra Cooper, In the Pink of Health co-chair.
This year, sponsors will receive a Celebration Kit full of surprises to help them celebrate the day of the event. A friendly In the Pink of Health committee member will deliver it to each sponsor’s home or business the week before the event.
“It’s a way to show our appreciation and include them in the celebration at noon on Oct. 23,” said Ann Wolford, event consultant.
To underscore the “Porch Affair” theme, In the Pink of Health has partnered with Woodlands Style House who will completely decorate a sponsor’s porch, patio, lawn or dining room for the event. This auction item will be available at the end of September and awarded the second week of October.
As a result of the 2019 luncheon, the In the Pink of Health allocations committee disbursed $500,000 to help cancer survivors in and around the greater Montgomery County area:
• $225,000 to Canopy, a cancer survivorship center on the campus of Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center;
• $100,000 to Interfaith Community Clinic to provide 3D mammograms for underserved women and support breast cancer education and outreach;
• $50,000 for continued investment in state-of-the-art technology at the Memorial Hermann Breast Care Center at Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center;
• $50,000 to The Rose for breast screening, diagnostics, and treatment for women of all ages;
• $25,000 to Ovarcome to assist in its mission to increase awareness of ovarian cancer and its symptoms and provide financial support to patients in Montgomery County;
• $32,000 for wigs and wig care kits through the oncology nurse navigator at Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center; and
• $18,000 was held in reserve for special projects.
To join “A Porch Affair” on Oct. 23, please visit www.inthepinkofhealth.org or contact Ann Wolford at email@example.com. Sponsorships are still available.
Photos: All photos by Nicole Oman, Relics of Rainbows Photo