Recap of The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce 2020 Annual Meeting & Awards Program
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- “The Chamber is the pathway to opportunity,” said J.J. Hollie, President & CEO of The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce, at their 2020 Annual Meeting & Awards Program held virtually September 25. As the largest business organization in the entire Houston region, they provide their members with opportunities to build their organization, grow their network, and increase their business.
“We advocate for the business community,” Hollie said. “We create marketing and networking opportunities, we serve as a professional and community resource, and we support charitable causes.”
The annual report covered membership statistics, revenue, budget, digital outreach, local events and service projects, membership opportunities, as well as outgoing and incoming board of directors. The award portion followed, which recognized and honored individual members for their outstanding service.
The award recipients are as follows:
- Diplomat of The Year (2019-2020): David Dewhurst (Prosperity Living)
- Citizen of The Year (2019-2020): Ann Wolford (The Wolford Group)
- Volunteer of The Year (2019-2020): Courtney Schweitzer (The Kimball Group)
- Top Influencer Under 40 (2019-2020): Brian Albert (The Strong Firm, P.C.)
- Chairman's Award (2019-2020): Dan Altom (Sunbelt Business Brokers and The Woodlands Young Learners Academy)
- Legacy Award (2019-2020): Don Norrell (Former GM, The Woodlands Township)
- Chairman of The Board (2019-2020): Jeff Garrett (Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP)
“I want to start by giving a round of congratulations to all of our award recipients for our retiring board members and team leaders,” said incoming Chairman Linda Nelson from Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center. “We are grateful for your service to our anniversary recipients. Your support is what has kept our chamber moving forward,” she said. “As your new chairman, I'm excited about what the year holds and eager about the new opportunities to come at the chamber.”
Here are a few Chamber events to mark on the calendar this year:
• The Woodlands Township Candidate Forum - Tuesday, September 29 at 4:00 p.m. for Positions 2 & 4, and Thursday, October 1 at 4:00 p.m. for position 1. The Candidate Forum for The Conroe ISD Trustee will be held on Tuesday, October 6 at 4 p.m.
• The 2020 Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon ‘Our Volunteers are Electrifying’ will be Thursday October 1 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
• The Putt, Pass & Chip Golf Championship is scheduled for Monday, October 26 at The Golf Trails of The Woodlands.
• The Employment Law Update is scheduled for Friday, November 6.
Please visit their website for more information and details.