The Woodlands Township Board holds meeting, swears in newly elected Directors
THE WOODLANDS, TX – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting on Wednesday, November 18, 2020 at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Board of Directors took the following actions before conducting business on Consent and Regular agenda items:
• Approved the forms of the Oaths of Office, Official Bonds and Statements of Elected/Appointed Officers for the newly elected Directors of The Woodlands Township.
• Administered the Oath of Office to newly elected Directors of The Woodlands Township: Gordy Bunch, Position 1; Jason J. Nelson, Position 2; John Anthony Brown, Position 3; and Bruce Rieser, Position 4.
• Elected Board Officers for The Woodlands Township: Chairman Gordy Bunch, Vice Chairman Bruce Rieser, Secretary Dr. Shelley Sekula-Gibbs and Treasurer John Anthony Brown.
The Board of Directors received reports from Village Association representatives from the villages of Alden Bridge and Panther Creek.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
• Received Administrative Reports from Township departments.
• Awarded bids for Aquatic Liquid Chemical Delivery and Dry or Packaged Goods.
• Awarded a bid for propane supply and delivery service.
• Awarded a bid for Transportation Facilities Landscape Maintenance Services.
• Awarded a bid for 2020-2023 Transportation Facilities Janitorial Services.
The Board of Directors discussed the following matters on the Regular Agenda:
• Received a presentation from Mac McClendon, Director of the Harris County Public Health Office of Public Health Preparedness & Response, regarding COVID-19 HCPH Testing and current updates.
• Received an update on COVID-19 response efforts by local non-profits including Interfaith of The Woodlands and the Montgomery County Food Bank.
• Received a presentation regarding the CARES Act Funding requests.
• Received and accepted an update on the Pedestrian and Bicycle Master Plan and requested a proposal for engineering services for the potential development of a pathway connector to the Harper’s Landing neighborhood.
• Interviewed four (4) candidates for the Development Standards Committee and received a briefing on the process for appointments to the committee.
• Appointed John Anthony Brown, Gordy Bunch, Jason J. Nelson and Bruce Rieser to The Woodlands Township Economic Development Zone Board of Directors.
• Took no action on a briefing on the process for Board and Committee appointments at the December Board meeting.
Please stay connected to The Woodlands Township through many communications channels. Learn more and sign up at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/stayinformed. Follow the Township’s official Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/thewoodlandstownship.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.