Memorial Hermann Weekly Vaccine Update - March 22, 2021
HOUSTON, TX - Memorial Hermann provided an update on the status of our vaccine rollout.
As of March 12, 2021:
• Across Memorial Hermann Health System, we have administered more than 214,000 doses of the Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines to date. More than 129,000 have received at least one dose and nearly 90,000 are fully vaccinated (See our COVID-19 vaccine tracker here.)
• This weekend, Memorial Hermann is hosting a COVID-19 Vaccine Drive-Thru Clinic at Smart Financial Centre in Sugar Land from 7 a.m. –5 p.m., March 14 and 15. We hope to vaccinate 10,000 people over the two days. As of 2 p.m. spots are still available.
• As part of its role as a state-designated COVID-19 vaccination distribution hub, Memorial Hermann is proud to announce the launch of a digital COVID-19 Vaccination Request Form. Eligible members of the community can now use this online tool to register for the opportunity to receive a COVID-19 vaccine from Memorial Hermann.
• Eligible members of the community can now use this online tool to register for the opportunity to receive a COVID-19 vaccine from Memorial Hermann, including individuals in the state’s Phase 1A, 1B and – beginning Monday, March 15 – 1C priority groups, as well as teachers and those who work in school and/or childcare operations.
• Once the online request form has been completed, individuals will be placed on a waitlist for future appointments at Memorial Hermann’s vaccination clinics.
• Memorial Hermann will make appointments available based on vaccine supply and will prioritize vaccine distribution in accordance with guidance from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
• The speed at which we can move through additional populations will be determined by continued vaccine supply. It is important to note that this process will take some time to get through, likely several months. During this time, we ask the public to continue to wear masks, practice good hand hygiene and social distance even after receiving the vaccine.
• We appreciate the community’s patience and understanding during this time, and pledge to keep things moving just as quickly and efficiently as we possibly can.
• We will continue sharing the latest information on our website and through Memorial Hermann’s social media channels, so please check back often for updates.