The Woodlands Township holds board meeting December 1, 2021
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a Regular Board Meeting on December 1, 2021, at 6 p.m., at the office of The Woodlands Township, 2801 Technology Forest Blvd, The Woodlands, Texas, to discuss and act on items of interest to the community.
Den 7, Pack 772, Boy Scouts of America opened the meeting with a Pledge to the United States flag and pledge to the Texas flag.
Following recognition of public officials and public comment, the Board approved the consent agenda, which included:
• Received Administrative Reports for Community Services.
• Received Administrative Reports for Law Enforcement and Community Policing.
• Received Administrative Reports for The Woodlands Fire Department.
• Received Administrative Reports for Transportation (Park and Ride and Trolley System).
• Approved an Annual Service Agreement with Meals on Wheels - Montgomery County Senior Rides
• Program for the provision of limited eligibility demand-response transportation services.
• Approved a Service Agreement with South Montgomery County YMCA.
• Approved a Service Agreement with Visit The Woodlands Convention & Visitors Bureau.
• Approved a Service Agreement with Leadership Montgomery County.
• Approved an Interlocal Agreement with Montgomery County for Interim Funding of Precinct 3 Constables.
• Approved an Interlocal Agreement with Montgomery County for Interim Funding of Montgomery County Sheriff's Office and Montgomery County Constable, Precinct 3 (Law Enforcement Investigative Services - Crimes Against Children/Safe Harbor Program).
Approved an Interlocal Agreement with Montgomery County for Interim Funding of the Justice of the Peace.
• Approved appointments to the Booking and Blocking Committee.
• Approved payment pertaining to the annual Accela software license and maintenance agreement.
• Approved replacement IT Storage Area Network purchase.
• Approved a renewal and restatement of the Fire Dispatch Services Agreement with the Montgomery County Fire Chiefs Association.
On the regular agenda, the Board:
• Approved an Annual Service Agreement with Interfaith of The Woodlands for senior transportation services.
• Received an annual report from The Woodlands Economic Development Partnership.
Approved Arthur Bredehoft and Jim McDaniell to serve in voluntary roles on the Development Standards Committee with a two-year term.
• Appointed Directors Bruce Rieser, John Anthony Brown and Dr. Shelley Sekula-Gibbs of The Woodlands Township Board of Directors as members of The Woodlands Convention and Visitors Bureau in accordance with the Bylaws and approved Nick Wolda to serve as President of Visit The Woodlands from January 2022 through December 2022.
The Board held discussion regarding ownership of Rob Fleming Park in the Village of Creekside Park.
• Approved a Request for Proposal for a Needs Assessment for Parks and Recreation programs, services and facilities, inclusive of sports tourism and senior populations.
• Approved agreements related to the Energy Corridor Commuter Service Pilot Program, including an Intergovernmental Agreement with H-GAC for a Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality grant to fund the Energy Corridor Commuter Service Pilot Program, an Interlocal Agreement with Harris County Improvement District #4 d/b/a Energy Corridor District for joint funding of the grant match, and a sixth amendment to the contract for commuter bus services with First Class Transportation, LLC, for implementation of the Energy Corridor Pilot Program.
• Approved joining the global opioid settlement agreements as negotiated by the State of Texas and other states.
Meetings may be watched live online or viewed later via recording at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/meetingvideos. The agenda and attachments may be viewed at https://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/991/Agendas-Minutes-and-More.