Visit The Woodlands announces Fourth of July celebrations in the Township
THE WOODLANDS, TX – Make Independence Day a party to remember with the patriotic celebrations around The Woodlands. Festivities begin with the Star-Spangled Salute at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, held on July 3. On July 4, enjoy a full day of activities starting with the Fourth of July Parade at Market Street, and the annual Red, Hot & Blue Festival, which features great food, live entertainment, family fun, and multiple fireworks shows in and around town. The 18-minute fireworks show is the largest in the Houston area.
Kick off America’s birthday celebration as the Houston Symphony returns to the Main Stage, Sunday, July 3 at 8 p.m. for Star-Spangled Salute. This free Independence Eve spectacular, which has been a tradition at The Pavilion for over 30 seasons, features the Houston Symphony in a selection of patriotic favorites. Tickets are not required for this event. Gates open at 6:30 p.m. with pre-concert activities including photo opportunities with patriotic characters, arts and crafts, and sponsor activations.
FOURTH OF JULY PARADE
Starting at 9 a.m. on July 4, spectators can enjoy the South County Fourth of July Parade. The 1.3-mile parade will make its way around The Woodlands passing through Market Street and by Town Green Park. The annual event features marching bands, fire engines, clowns, floats, and more.
RED, HOT & BLUE FESTIVAL
On July 4 from 6 to 10 p.m., enjoy a variety of activities at locations throughout The Woodlands! All sites will feature live music beginning at 6 p.m. with bands playing until the Fireworks Extravaganza at approximately 9:30 p.m. View the complete lineup of events at each location below.
• TOWN GREEN PARK – Festival activities at Town Green Park include strolling entertainment, concessions, and live music on two stages. Rock House (Variety) will be playing on the Freedom Stage and Red Sky Band (Southern Rock) will be playing on the Independence Stage.
Insider Tip: This festival location is larger in size and will provide the closest view to the fireworks show and may allow attendees to view portions of additional Red, Hot, & Blue fireworks displays.
• WATERWAY SQUARE – Festival activities at Waterway Square include strolling entertainment, concessions, and live music from Time Warp (‘80s, ‘90s & Today's Hits) with the Fourth of July Parade Awards starting at 7 p.m.
• NORTHSHORE PARK – Festival activities at Northshore Park include strolling entertainment, concessions, and live music from Johnny and the Spinsations (‘50s, to ‘80s Variety).
Insider Tip: this location will have the best view of the primary fireworks display which is launched from Lake Woodlands.
• ROB FLEMING PARK – Festival activities at Rob Fleming Park include strolling entertainers, concessions, and live music from Common Ground (Variety).
• HUGHES LANDING – Festival activities at Hughes Landing include live music from John Barraza Project (Variety).
Please note: For the comfort and safety of all attendees, oversized beach umbrellas and pop-up tents are not permitted at any location during the festival. Coolers, picnic baskets, blankets, and lawn chairs are permitted. Glass is prohibited.
FIREWORKS LAUNCH LOCATIONS
The 18-minute Fireworks Extravaganza will take place at approximately 9:30 p.m. The primary fireworks display will be located in Lake Woodlands adjacent to Northshore Park, with a secondary close-proximity (special effects) display at Town Green Park. The 2022 Fireworks Extravaganza will also feature a fireworks display in the Waterway Square District near Timberloch Place and Waterway Avenue and Rob Fleming Park in the Village of Creekside Park.
Insider Tip: To ensure spectators have the best fireworks visibility possible, fireworks teaser shots will be fired from all launch locations at 9, 9:10 and 9:20 p.m.