SJRA Board of Directors Meeting Announcement-July 23, 2020 at 8:00 am
THE WOODLANDS, TX - Notice is hereby given to all interested members of the public that the Board of Directors of the San Jacinto River Authority will hold a regular publicly accessible meeting via webinar / telephone conference call pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.125, as amended, and as modified by the temporary suspension of various provisions thereof effective March 16, 2020, by the Governor of Texas in accordance with the Texas Disaster Act of 1975, all as related to the Governor's proclamation on March 13, 2020, and subsequent proclamation dated June 11, 2020, certifying that the COVID-19 pandemic poses an imminent threat of disaster and declaring a state of disaster for all counties in Texas.
If you choose to participate via the webinar link below, you WILL have the opportunity to provide comments during the designated portion of the meeting.
Webinar Link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/487269876799947791
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
If you choose to participate via the GoToWebinar App, you WILL have the opportunity to provide comments during the designated portion of the meeting.
Please use Webinar ID: 375-802-867
If you choose to participate in the meeting via the conference call number below, you will NOT have the opportunity to provide comments during the designated portion of the meeting. The conference call phone number is provided for LISTENING PURPOSES ONLY.
Telephone conference call phone number:
415-655-0052 and the audio access code is 882-885-021
All members of the public may participate in the meeting via webinar, Webinar App, or telephone conference call (listen only option).
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. PUBLIC COMMENTS (3 minutes per speaker)
3. DIVISION UPDATES - Receive updates from Operational Divisions and General & Administration Division related to ongoing projects, staff reports, or items on the consent agenda.
a. G & A: Jace Houston, General Manager
b. G & A: Heather Ramsey Cook, Director of Communications and Public Affairs
c. G & A: Tom Michel, Director of Finance and Administration
d. Woodlands: Chris Meeks, Utility Enterprise O&M Manager
e. GRP: Chris Meeks, Utility Enterprise O&M Manager
f. Lake Conroe: Bret Raley, Lake Conroe Division Manager
g. Highlands: Jay Smith, Highlands Division Manager
h. Flood Management: Chuck Gilman, Director of Water Resources and Flood Management
4. CONSENT AGENDA - This agenda consists of ministerial or 'housekeeping' items required by law, such as routine bids, contracts, purchases, resolutions, and orders; items previously approved by Board action, such as adoption of items that are part of an approved budget or capital improvement projects, interlocal agreements, or action which is required by law or delegated to the General Manager; and items of a non-controversial nature. These items will be considered by a single motion unless removed and placed on the Regular Agenda for individual consideration at the request of any Director.
a. Approval of Minutes - Regular Meeting of June 25, 2020, and Special Meeting of July 10, 2020.
b. Unaudited Financials for the Month of June, 2020
Consider approval of the unaudited financials for the month of June, 2020.
RAW WATER ENTERPRISE
c. Miscellaneous Services Agreement for Lake Houston Pump Station Intake Screen Channel Rehabilitation
Consider authorizing the General Manager to execute a miscellaneous services agreement for the Lake Houston Pump Station Intake Screen Channel Rehabilitation Project in Highlands.
d. Work Order No. 3 for Lake Houston Pump Station Intake Screen Channel Rehabilitation
Consider authorizing the General Manager to execute Work Order No. 3 for construction phase services for the Lake Houston Pump Station Intake Screen Channel Rehabilitation Project in Highlands.
5. REGULAR AGENDA - This agenda consists of items requiring individual consideration by the Board of Directors.
1. Resolution Adopting Policies and Procedures Related to Contracting with Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUBs)
Consider adoption of a resolution of the Board of Directors of the San Jacinto River Authority adopting a policy and procedure related to contracting with Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUBs).
b. RAW WATER ENTERPRISE
1. Amended and Restated Water Conveyance Contract with Coastal Water Authority
Consider authorizing the General Manager to finalize and execute an Amended and Restated Water Conveyance Contract with the Coastal Water Authority to transfer ownership, operation and maintenance of the South Canal Transfer Pump Station to the San Jacinto River Authority.
2. Ratify Contract for Time and Materials Services with Masters Advanced Remediation Service, Inc.
Consider ratifying the contract for time and materials services with Masters Advanced Remediation Service, Inc.
6. BRIEFINGS AND PRESENTATIONS
a. Presentation regarding the San Jacinto Regional Watershed Master Drainage Plan Project.
b. Presentation regarding the Fiscal Year 2021 Operating Budgets.
c. Presentation regarding the proposed Rate Order for Raw Water Customers.
d. Presentation regarding the proposed Rate Order for Woodlands Division Customers.
7. EXECUTIVE SESSION - If necessary, the Board of Directors will adjourn to Closed Session at this point in the meeting to consider the following items; however, the Board of Directors reserves the right to adjourn to Closed Session at any time during the course of this meeting as allowed by law.
a. Discussion regarding items identified elsewhere on the agenda pursuant to Texas Government Code Sections 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Real Property), 551.073 (Prospective Gifts), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), or 551.076 (Security Devices), as applicable.
b. Consultations with attorney, pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 regarding:
1. Litigation related to Hurricane Harvey, including additional legal services to be provided by Hunton Andrews Kurth, LLP;
2. Litigation related to GRP water line breaks (Line Segments W2A and W2B); and
3. Expedited Declaratory Judgement Act litigation and other litigation related to GRP.
8. Reconvene in Open Session - The Board of Directors will reconvene in Open Session at this point in the meeting and, if necessary, take action on any agenda item discussed in Closed Session and/or identified below.
9. Settlement Agreement for Lawsuit with Various Parties Associated with GRP Transmission Line Segments W2A and W2B
Consider authorizing the General Manager to execute Settlement Agreement for lawsuit with various parties associated with GRP Transmission Line Segments W2A and W2B.
10. ANNOUNCEMENTS / FUTURE AGENDA
Next San Jacinto River Authority Regular Board Meeting - August 27, 2020
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and would like to request auxiliary aids or services are requested to contact Cynthia Bowman at (936) 588-3111 at least three business days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
One of the major river authorities in Texas, SJRA's mission is to develop, conserve, and protect the water resources of the San Jacinto River basin. Covering all or part of seven counties, the organization’s jurisdiction includes the entire San Jacinto River watershed, excluding Harris County. For additional information on SJRA visit our website at www.sjra.net, like SJRA on Facebook @SanJacintoRiverAuthority, follow us on Twitter @SJRA_1937, find us on Instagram @sanjacintoriverauthoritysjra, or connect with us on LinkedIn @San Jacinto River Authority.