The Woodlands Township COVID-19 Update, Tuesday, September 29, 2020
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- Montgomery County COVID-19 Case Count September 29, 2020
Montgomery County Public Health District, in conjunction with the Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, can confirm the following update related to COVID-19.
• TOTAL cases of COVID-19 increased by 84 to 10,996 since yesterday’s (9/28) report. All were tested in the month of September.
• ACTIVE cases of COVID-19 decreased by 118 to 1,458 since yesterday’s (9/28) report. On Tuesdays, we factor in additional “inactive” cases we have been unable to contact for more than 30 days. This accounts for the addition of 138 inactive cases today.
• 21 residents are known to be in the hospital, as a result of contact investigations. Contact investigations have not been initiated on all reported cases.
• 7,409 people have clinically recovered.
*These numbers include PCR and rapid antigen testing. We do not include antibody testing. Have questions? Please go to https://mcphd-tx.org/ and scroll down to the FAQs.
You can find more information on the SETRAC website.
Take steps to slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
• If your children have started in-person school, teach them proper hygiene and the correct way to wear a mask. Encourage them to never share masks with others.
• Consider staying home unless it is necessary to leave your home.
• Avoid groups of people.
• Practice social distancing.
• Wear a mask (if it is necessary to leave your home).
• Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
• Disinfect surfaces in your car and around your home.
You can view the case-by-case updates on the MCPHD website here. You can refer to the dashboard here.
Harris County COVID-19 Case Count
Harris County Public Health (HCPH) publishes their daily case count, combined with the City of Houston's daily case count, here. Cases by zip code in Harris County can be found by clicking on areas of the map.
The Village of Creekside Park is located in two zip codes: 77375 and 77389, and these also include Magnolia, Augusta Pines/Auburn Lakes/West Rayford Road in northwest Harris County. Today, Harris County is reporting zip code 77375 has 1,166 confirmed positive cases with 46 active cases, and 77389 has 598 confirmed positive cases with 24 active cases.
COVID-19 Case Count Brief from The Woodlands Fire Department
As of Tuesday, September 29, 2020, + or – signifies change since previous report.
• 10,996 – Confirmed, +84
• 1,458 - Active Cases, -118
• 140 – Deaths, NC
• 7,409 – Recovered, +64
• 21 – Hospitalized, +1
• 69,149 – Confirmed, +447
• 2,725 - Active Cases, +22
• 733 – Deaths, +6
• 65,687 – Recovered, +419
Get Tested for COVID-19
Montgomery County residents may sign up online for Free COVID-19 testing at https://www.mchd-tx.org. Call 936-523-3916 for more information.
Harris County residents may also sign up for free COVID-19 testing online at hcphtx.org. Call 832-927-7575 for more information.
Numerous resources are available in the community for support. These vary from food banks to financial assistance and much more. Please visit the Community Resources webpage to find more information about resources in the community related to COVID-19.
Staying Safe while Socializing Outdoors: Walks and Picnics
Nature and fresh air can help us relax and feel less stressed, which most of us could use! Being outdoors to socialize with friends or family presents a lower risk of transmitting COVID-19. Remember to social distance, wear a mask and wash your hands. If socializing, try to choose options like going for a walk or having a picnic as these activities allow more space and minimal contact. Walking outdoors is better than meeting in someone’s house. Everyone should wear a face covering and keep as much distance as possible. Walk side-by-side, not behind one another. Avoid sharing the same items, including serving utensils or other objects during your picnic.
The Woodlands Township COVID-19 eNewsletter
The Woodlands Township COVID-19 (Coronavirus) informational enewsletter will now be published every Tuesday and Thursday and as needed. Manage your notifications and subscriptions.
Township’s Coronavirus Page
The Woodlands Township’s COVID-19 page can be found at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/covid19. This page features Montgomery and Harris county hubs, community resources and news from the Federal Government and the CDC. It also includes the latest news from the Township, partner agencies, important links, FAQs, live Twitter feeds and more.
Please stay connected to The Woodlands Township through our many communications channels. Learn more and sign up at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/stayinformed.
Stay Informed with The Woodlands Township
Sign up for news and alerts from the Township at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/notifyme. During a weather-related event, additional information can be found at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/emergency.
Keep Up with Best Practices During the Pandemic at CDC.GOV