YMCA 2023 Dancing with The Woodlands Stars announces winners who raised $68,000
THE WOODLANDS, TX – After a three-year hiatus due to the pandemic, the dance floor was again shining brightly as local community stars danced for a cause. The Woodlands Family YMCA is excited to announce that more than $68,000 and many new friends for the Y were raised at the annual YMCA Dancing with The Woodlands Stars held at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott on April 28. This annual event featured local leaders as the live dance entertainment. The Woodlands Fred Astaire Dance Studio partnered with the Y to provide the dance partners, lessons and choreography for the community stars.
Each year, volunteers take to the dance floor to compete for votes, shine the light on the Y’s cause and raise funds for The Woodlands Family YMCA. Every dollar raised from the purchase of tables, seats, auction items and votes goes to the YMCA Annual Be the Change Campaign, which makes community-strengthening Y programs such as swim lessons, after-school care, and youth sports available to everyone regardless of age, income, or background. Over the past decade, more than a half a million dollars has been raised on this special night each April to keep the YMCA’s mission at work to serve the needs of the families living in the communities of Montgomery County and bring real change to issues affecting our neighbors.
“Every dollar donated helps us keep the YMCA Available to All. Every dollar donated will help the YMCA serve an additional child and Multiply Our Impact in 2023 and make a real difference for people living in our community. Everyone, regardless of financial resources, should have access to the Y programs and services to help them reach their fullest potential,” said Roxanne Davis, YMCA Community Liaison and event director. “We are very excited by the success of our eighth annual YMCA Dancing with The Woodlands Stars and extremely grateful to all of our sponsors, patrons and the generous community stars who stepped into the spotlight to make this fun and cause-driven event possible.”
The dancers who raised the most funds, Dancing for a CAUSE and took home top honors were:
• First Place Overall Winner: Dr. Lucian Rivela and dance partner Olga Kobleva
• Runner Up: Victoria Ginavan and dance partner Peyton Clark
• Honorable Mention: Zak Galindo and dance partner Olga Kobleva
The esteemed panel of judges featured Judy Olson, Miguel Lopez and Roderick Crawford who selected the winners in the following categories.
• Best Use Of Music: Shane Wise and partner Peyton Clark
• Super Showmanship Award: Mandi Brown and partner Jesus Cortez
• Crowd Pleaser: Jenny Bailey and partner Jesus Cortez
• Best Costume: Will Warren and partner Olga Kobleva
• Judges Award: Scott Harper and partner Peyton Clark
• Most Enthusiastic: Heather Lozada and partner Peyton Clark
• Most Entertaining: Missy Flanagan and partner Jesus Cortez
• Most Creative: Jessica Ludvigsen and partner Ben Seifert
• Best Choreography: Dr. Lisa Serice and partner Olga Kobleva
• Best Overall Technique: Haley Garcia and partner Ben Seifert