The Woodlands Township encourages students to Walk and Roll to School in October
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- The Woodlands Township encourages Conroe ISD and Tomball ISD elementary students to participate in Walk and Roll to School during the month of October in celebration of International Walk to School Month. Find out if your school is participating here: Walk-to-School-Schedule-2023
Walk and Roll to School is an annual event that promotes walking and biking to school and helps boost physical activity, teaches safe pedestrian and biking skills, reduces traffic congestion, air pollution and vehicle emissions, and allows neighbors to interact with each other.
Students can make their walk or bike ride more fun with one of these ideas:
- Chalk the Walk – Use sidewalk chalk to decorate the pathways with school pride, positive messages and tips for pedestrian safety.
- Rock the Walk – Paint rocks to leave along pathways. Happy messages, safety tips and school spirit are encouraged.
- Take a Nature Selfie – Take a selfie or footie (a picture of your feet) with a favorite tree, flower or other natural discovery. Use a hashtag to share online such as #yourschoolWalks ex: #RideWALKS, #DeretchinWALKS, #PowellWALKS
- Discover tree, plant, insect and wildlife species on your journey using the iNaturalist app here. Share your discovery by chalking the name of the species on the pathway.
- Start a Litter Scavenger Hunt – Help keep our community looking clean and green by picking up litter.
As a reminder, drivers should be aware of pedestrians and bicyclers crossing the roadways, reduce their speed and be extremely cautious when driving through school zones.
Please visit https://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/walktoschool for more tips and videos.
For more information, please contact The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Services Department at 281-210-3800 or email email@example.com.