The Woodlands Township Board holds meeting
THE WOODLANDS, TX – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting at 6 p.m. Wednesday, June 26, 2019, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard in The Woodlands, Texas.
In recognition of the South County Fourth of July Parade Committee which works tirelessly to plan the annual parade for families, neighbors and friends in The Woodlands to celebrate freedom and to provide local businesses, village associations and community groups with an opportunity to come together for our nation’s birthday, the Board of Directors proclaimed Wednesday, June 26, 2019 as The South County Fourth of July Parade Committee Day.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Approved subarea allocations for American Disabilities Act (ADA) Paratransit Services with the City of Conroe in accordance with the UZA Agreement.
- Approved a resolution regarding the Annual Report on Financial Information and Operating Data for the disclosure filing pertaining to Sales Tax and Hotel Occupancy Tax Bonds, Series 2010; Sales Tax and Hotel Occupancy Tax Refunding Bonds, Series 2010; and Unlimited Tax Bonds, Series 2010, 2011 and 2012.
- Approved a lease with Neopost for a postage meter and folder/inserter equipment.
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Received a law enforcement update on incidents in Town Center.
- Took no action on Incorporation Planning Study matters.
- Accepted a presentation from the San Jacinto River Authority regarding water and wastewater fees that are being proposed to Municipal Utility Districts in The Woodlands.
- Accepted an update on the repair of the Waterway Square Fountains.
- Tabled action on a Township homestead exemption, with the item to be considered during the Township Budget process in August.
- Approved the assignment of the Tax Abatement Agreement from The Woodlands Land Development Company and Alight to 8770 New Trails Holding, LLC.
- Received a recommendation from the Audit Committee on the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report and the Single Audit Reports for the year ended December 31, 2018.
- Received and accepted the financial report.
- Approved the Assignment and Assumption of Services Agreement regarding community-wide streetscape services effective January 1, 2020.
The next Board of Directors regular meeting is scheduled to be held at 6 p.m. Thursday, July 18, 2019. For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.