The Woodlands Township Board Holds Meeting
THE WOODLANDS, TX – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting at 6 p.m. Thursday, August 22, 2019, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard in The Woodlands, Texas.
In recognition of the 18th anniversary of the tragic events of September 11, 2001 in which innocent lives were lost and both emergency responders and ordinary citizens performed extraordinary acts of valor, wherein our nation has unified to demonstrate resiliency, determination, compassion, strength and patriotism that define us as Americans, the Board of Directors proclaimed September 11, 2019 as Patriot Day and the National Day of Service and Remembrance in The Woodlands, Texas.
In recognition of the members of First Responder organizations, both career and volunteer, who protect, aid and risk their own safety, 24 hours a day, in the event of an emergency, The Board of Directors proclaimed September 11, 2019 as First Responders Day in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Received Administrative Reports from Township departments.
- Approved the disposal of twelve (12) Philips MRX Cardiac Monitors/Defibrillators.
- Approved revisions to The Woodlands Township Personnel Policy Manual.
- Approved a Third Amendment to the Memorandum of Understanding with City of Shenandoah.
- Approved a Host Venue Sponsorship Agreement with the International Association of Lions Club for the Wildflower Festival.
- Approved a second amendment to the Host Venue Sponsorship Agreement for The Woodlands Marathon.
- Awarded a bid for 2019-2022 Tree Lighting Services.
- Approved the Federal Transit Administration mandated three-year final update to The Woodlands Township - Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) goal setting as required by 49 CFR Part 26.
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Took no action on Incorporation Planning Study matters.
- Received and accepted a briefing from The Woodlands Joint Powers Agency and San Jacinto River Authority on responding to the Texas Water Development Board request for feedback on implementing flood legislation from the 86th Texas Legislative Session.
- Denied a sponsorship request for The Woodlands Pride Festival.
- Accepted the Compensation & Classification Study report.
- Scheduled future Incorporation Planning Session meetings to begin at 6 p.m.
The next Board of Directors regular meeting is scheduled to be held at 6 p.m. Wednesday, August 28, 2019.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.