More Support on the way for Small Businesses and Health Care Providers
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Just now, President Trump signed the Paycheck Protection Program and Health Care Enhancement Act into law.
This bill focuses on our immediate, urgent priorities. It replenishes crucial help for Main Street businesses and local health care providers while devoting more resources to producing more tests and distributing them more quickly.
What’s in it?
- $320 billion more in funding for the crucial Paycheck Protection Program
- Expands Economic Injury Disaster Program eligibility to include farmers and ranchers
- $75 billion for health care providers
- Over $25 billion to expand states’ testing capacity
- Gives our federal agencies more resources
Now that we’ve ensured our top priorities are met, It’s time to work with President Trump on a plan forward. By applying maximum pressure to the coronavirus, helping businesses create safe, healthy workplace, jumpstarting the economic rebound, and accelerating a return to work for those who are jobless or furloughed, we can crush the virus and create a path toward prosperity.