The Woodlands Township COVID-19 Update, Tuesday, September 15, 2020
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- Montgomery County Public Health District, in conjunction with the Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, is saddened to confirm an additional death related to COVID-19.
• A man in his 80s, from Conroe, died in the hospital. He had co-morbidities in addition to testing positive for COVID-19.
They can also confirm:
• TOTAL cases of COVID-19 increased by 166 to 10,182 since yesterday’s (9/14) report.
• We are continuing to process cases that were reported to The Department of State Health Services (DSHS) directly by healthcare providers and entered into the National Electronic Disease Surveillance System (NEDSS), run by the CDC. Out of the 166 new cases today, 109 were tested prior to 8/30.
• ACTIVE cases of COVID-19 decreased by 56 to 1,418 since yesterday’s (9/14) report. On Tuesdays, we factor in additional “inactive” cases, or cases we have been unable to contact for more than 30 days. We factored in 112 inactive cases today.
• 18 residents are known to be in the hospital, as a result of contact investigations. Contact investigations have not been initiated on all reported cases.
• 6,924 people have clinically recovered.
*These numbers do not reflect antigen or antibody testing. Have questions? Please go to https://mcphd-tx.org/ and view the FAQs.
View yesterday’s Daily COVID-19 Update for Montgomery County.
You can find more information on the SETRAC website, setrac.org.
Take steps to slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
• Consider staying home unless it is necessary to leave your home.
• Avoid groups of people.
• Practice social distancing.
• Wear a mask (if it is necessary to leave your home).
• Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
• Disinfect surfaces in your car and around your home.
View the case-by-case updates on the MCPHD website here: https://mcphd-tx.org/coronavirus-covid-19/confirmed-cases/. Refer to the dashboard here: https://coronavirus-response-moco.hub.arcgis.com/.
Harris County COVID-19 Case Count
Harris County Public Health (HCPH) publishes their daily case count, combined with the City of Houston’s daily case count, here. Cases by zip code in Harris County can be found by clicking on areas of the map.
The Village of Creekside Park is located in two zip codes: 77375 and 77389, and these also include Magnolia, Augusta Pines/Auburn Lakes/West Rayford Road in northwest Harris County. Today, Harris County is reporting zip code 77375 has 1,021 confirmed positive cases with 32 active cases, and 77389 has 522 confirmed positive cases with 24 active cases.
COVID-19 Case Count Brief from The Woodlands Fire Department
As of Tuesday, September 15, 2020, + or – signifies change since previous report.
• 10,182 – Confirmed, +166 (57 New cases and 109 backlogged from August)
• 1,418 – Active Cases, -56
• 133 – Deaths, +1
• 6,924 – Recovered, +109
• 18 – Hospitalized, No Change
No new numbers from Harris County or the City of Houston.
Get Tested for COVID-19
Montgomery County residents may sign up online for Free COVID-19 testing at https://www.mchd-tx.org. Call 936-523-3916 for more information.
Harris County residents may also sign up for free COVID-19 testing online at hcphtx.org. Call 832-927-7575 for more information.
Genalyte Expands COVID-19 Antibody Testing in The Woodlands
Genalyte announced the opening of a new COVID-19 antibody testing site at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion (2005 Lake Robbins Dr., The Woodlands, Texas, 77380). Genalyte’s SARS-CoV-2 MultiAntigen Serology Panel tests for antibodies the body can produce in response to SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19). Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Register today.
Around the Township
Restaurant Weeks Extended through September 30, 2020!
There are many Woodlands restaurants participating in Houston Restaurant Weeks this year. Here’s your chance to eat for a cause! Dine at the participating restaurants for brunch, lunch, or dinner and they will donate a portion of proceeds from each meal purchased to the Houston Food Bank.
Restaurant Weeks specials are available for dine-in, and new for this year, several restaurants are allowing the Houston Restaurant Week menus to include to-go orders and even delivery. Be sure to call the individual restaurants ahead of time to confirm ordering options and hours. To view menu offerings, pricing, and more information visit Restaurant Weeks.
New Elliptical SUPs at Riva Row Boat House
The Woodlands Township Riva Row Boat House is now offering elliptical stand-up paddleboards (SUPs) as a new and exciting activity that can be rented for just $30/hour. Riva Row Boat House is currently open from 9 a.m. until sunset, with the last boat going out one hour before sunset. Both Riva Row Boat House and Lakes Edge Boat House will be open on Labor Day; closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. For more information, please read the complete press release.
Numerous resources are available in the community for support. These vary from food banks to financial assistance and much more. Please visit the Community Resources webpage to find more information about resources in the community related to COVID-19.
September is National Preparedness Month
National Preparedness Month (NPM) is recognized each September to promote family and community disaster planning now and throughout the year. As our nation continues to respond to COVID-19, there is no better time to be involved this September. Learn more now.
Township’s Coronavirus Page
The Woodlands Township’s COVID-19 page can be found at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/covid19. This page features Montgomery and Harris county hubs, community resources and news from the Federal Government and the CDC. It also includes the latest news from the Township, partner agencies, important links, FAQs, live Twitter feeds and more.
Please stay connected to The Woodlands Township through our many communications channels. Learn more and sign up at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/stayinformed.
Stay Informed with The Woodlands Township
Sign up for news and alerts from the Township at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/notifyme. During a weather-related event, additional information can be found at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/emergency.