SJRA Board of Directors Meeting Announcement-October 22, 2020 at 8:00 am
THE WOODLANDS, TX - Notice is hereby given to all interested members of the public that the Board of Directors of the San Jacinto River Authority will hold a regular publicly accessible meeting via webinar / telephone conference call pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.125, as amended, and as modified by the temporary suspension of various provisions thereof effective March 16, 2020, by the Governor of Texas in accordance with the Texas Disaster Act of 1975, all as related to the Governor's proclamation on March 13, 2020, and subsequent proclamation dated June 11, 2020, certifying that the COVID-19 pandemic poses an imminent threat of disaster and declaring a state of disaster for all counties in Texas.
If you choose to participate via the webinar link below, you WILL have the opportunity to provide comments during the designated portion of the meeting.
Webinar Link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4113696721618883852
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
If you choose to participate via the GoToWebinar App, you WILL have the opportunity to provide comments during the designated portion of the meeting.
Please use Webinar ID: 949-014-011
If you choose to participate in the meeting via the conference call number below, you will NOT have the opportunity to provide comments during the designated portion of the meeting. The conference call phone number is provided for LISTENING PURPOSES ONLY.
Telephone conference call phone number:
415-655-0060 and the audio access code is 501-411-667
All members of the public may participate in the meeting via webinar, Webinar App, or telephone conference call (listen only option).
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. PLEDGES OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS (3 minutes per speaker)
4. DIVISION UPDATES - Receive updates from Operational Divisions and General & Administration Division related to ongoing projects, staff reports, or items on the consent agenda.
a. G & A: Jace Houston, General Manager
b. G & A: Heather Ramsey Cook, Director of Communications and Public Affairs
c. G & A: Tom Michel, Director of Finance and Administration
d. Woodlands: Chris Meeks, Utility Enterprise O&M Manager
e. GRP: Chris Meeks, Utility Enterprise O&M Manager
f. Lake Conroe: Bret Raley, Lake Conroe Division Manager
g. Highlands: Jay Smith, Highlands Division Manager
h. Flood Management: Chuck Gilman, Director of Water Resources and Flood Management
5. CONSENT AGENDA - This agenda consists of ministerial or 'housekeeping' items required by law, such as routine bids, contracts, purchases, resolutions, and orders; items previously approved by Board action, such as adoption of items that are part of an approved budget or capital improvement projects, interlocal agreements, or action which is required by law or delegated to the General Manager; and items of a non-controversial nature. These items will be considered by a single motion unless removed and placed on the Regular Agenda for individual consideration at the request of any Director.
a. Approval of Minutes - Regular Meeting of September 24, 2020.
b. Unaudited Financials
Consider approval of the unaudited financials for the month of September, 2020.
c. Interlocal Agreement with Harris County Department of Education
Consider authorizing the General Manager to execute an Interlocal Agreement with Harris County Department of Education for the purpose of utilizing their competitively bid contracts.
d. Master Intergovernmental Agreement with OMNIA Partners
Consider authorizing the General Manager to execute a Master Intergovernmental Cooperative Purchasing Agreement with OMNIA Partners for the purpose of utilizing their competitively bid contracts.
e. Construction Contract for Wastewater Treatment Facility No. 2 Digester Nos. 1, 2, and 3 Rehabilitation
Consider authorizing the General Manager to execute a construction contract for Wastewater Treatment Facility No. 2 Digester Nos. 1, 2 and 3 Rehabilitation in The Woodlands.
f. Construction Phase Services for Wastewater Treatment Facility No. 2 Digester Nos. 1, 2, and 3 Rehabilitation
Consider authorizing the General Manager to execute Work Order No. 2 for construction phase services for Wastewater Treatment Facility No. 2 Digester Nos. 1, 2 and 3 Rehabilitation in The Woodlands.
RAW WATER ENTERPRISE
g. Sale of Real Property
Declare to be surplus and authorize the disposal by sale of a 0.657 acre tract of real property located in the Owen Shannon Survey, A-36, near Montgomery, Texas, and authorize the General Manager to execute all necessary documents to complete the transaction.
6. REGULAR AGENDA - This agenda consists of items requiring individual consideration by the Board of Directors.
a. Stand-By Services Agreement for Emergency and Non-Emergency Response
Consider authorizing the General Manager to execute a Stand-By Services Agreement for emergency response for hazardous incident handling and non-emergency cleanup of hazardous and/or non-hazardous waste and related items for all San Jacinto River Authority divisions.
RAW WATER ENTERPRISE
b. Master Services Agreement and Service Order for Dark Fiber Services
Consider authorizing the General Manager to execute a Master Services Agreement and Service Order for dark fiber services to assets in the Highlands Division.
7. EXECUTIVE SESSION - If necessary, the Board of Directors will adjourn to Closed Session at this point in the meeting to consider the following items; however, the Board of Directors reserves the right to adjourn to Closed Session at any time during the course of this meeting as allowed by law.
a. Discussion regarding items identified elsewhere on the agenda pursuant to Texas Government Code Sections 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Real Property), 551.073 (Prospective Gifts), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), or 551.076 (Security Devices), as applicable.
b. Consultations with attorney, pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 regarding:
1. Litigation related to Hurricane Harvey, including additional legal services to be provided by Hunton Andrews Kurth, LLP; and
2. Expedited Declaratory Judgement Act litigation and other litigation related to GRP.
8. Reconvene in Open Session - The Board of Directors will reconvene in Open Session at this point in the meeting and, if necessary, take action on any agenda item discussed in Closed Session and/or identified below.
9. ANNOUNCEMENTS / FUTURE AGENDA
Next San Jacinto River Authority Board Meeting - December 3, 2020
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and would like to request auxiliary aids or services are requested to contact Cynthia Bowman at (936) 588-3111 at least three business days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.