Montgomery County COVID-19 Update for August 27, 2021
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, TX -- Montgomery County Public Health District, in conjunction with the Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, can sadly confirm another all-time high of children (0-11 years of age) who have tested positive for COVID-19 in Montgomery County. This number has now more than doubled the previous record set back in the entire month of January 2021.
We can also confirm the number of active cases is the 2nd highest it has been since the pandemic began, just 288 cases below the all-time high set in January 2021.
Have you been vaccinated for COVID-19? We strongly recommend it. Even if you contract COVID-19 after vaccination, the chances of severe illness, hospitalization and death are low. Just 52 percent of eligible Montgomery County residents are vaccinated. Need to find a vaccine? Click here for additional vaccine sites: https://www.vaccines.gov/.
Today, we can confirm two additional deaths related to COVID-19.
• A man in his 40s, from Porter, died in the hospital. He had co-morbidities in addition to
testing positive for COVID-19. He was not vaccinated.
• A woman in her 60s, from Porter, died in the hospital. She had co-morbidities in
addition to testing positive for COVID-19. She was not vaccinated
We can also confirm:
• TOTAL cases of COVID-19 increased by 1,689 to 71,505 since Wednesday’s (8/25) report.
• Of the 1,689 new cases, 344 are under the age of 12 and not eligible for
• ACTIVE cases of COVID-19 increased by 959 to 10,693 since Wednesday’s (8/25) report.
• Today, we added 637 additional inactive cases who we have been unable to
contact for 30 days or more.
• 336 county residents are known, as a result of contact investigations, to be in the
hospital. Contact investigations have not been initiated on all reported cases.
• 31,769 people have clinically recovered.
The Testing Positivity Rate for Montgomery County has decreased to 21%, down from 22% on Wednesday.
Source: UT Health, School of Public Health
*These numbers include PCR and rapid antigen testing. We do not include antibody testing
SETRAC data for regional hospitalizations can be found here: https://bit.ly/3jwhdiV.
The COVID-19 dashboard for Montgomery County can be found here: https://coronavirusresponse-moco.hub.arcgis.com/.
Have a question about COVID-19? The Montgomery County COVID-19 Call Center has
reopened. Call 936-523-3916. It is open Monday-Thursday from 8:00am-4:30pm and Friday 8:00am-4:00pm.
Do your part to slow the spread of COVID-19. The best way to protect yourself and those around you is to be vaccinated. You should also:
·Avoid groups of people.
·Practice social distancing.
·Wear a mask in public (over your nose and mouth) or with others who live outside your household. Never share a mask with others.
·Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
·Disinfect surfaces in your car and around your home.