Montgomery County COVID-19 Update for February 8, 2022
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, TX -- Montgomery County Public Health District, in conjunction with the Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, continues to encourage eligible populations to be fully vaccinated and receive a booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Those who have been vaccinated and/or boosted tend to have mild symptoms and the majority can recover at home. Need to find a vaccine or a vaccine booster shot? Click here for vaccine sites: https://www.vaccines.gov/.
If you are diagnosed with or exposed to COVID-19 , please follow the CDC guidance here: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s1227-isolation-quarantine-guidance.html.
MCPHD reports weekly on Tuesdays, but DSHS updates daily at this link: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/dashboards/45e18cba105c478697c76acbbf86a6bc.
Since our last report on 2/1/2022:
• Total cases of COVID-19 increased by 2,600 to 132,231. *Total cases include confirmed (PCR testing) and probable (antigen testing) cases.
• Deaths of Montgomery County residents have increased by 33 to 1,228 since the start of the pandemic in March 2020, according to data from DSHS.
• 162 confirmed cases of COVID-19 are currently hospitalized in Montgomery County. SETRAC data for regional hospitalizations can be found here: https://bit.ly/3jwhdiV.
The Testing Positivity Rate for Montgomery County has decreased to 29%, down from 34% last week.
Source: UT Health, School of Public Health
The COVID-19 dashboard for Montgomery County can be found here: https://coronavirus-response-moco.hub.arcgis.com/.
Do your part to slow the spread of COVID-19. The best way to protect yourself and those around you is to be vaccinated. You should also:
· Get tested if you feel sick.
· Avoid groups of people.
· Practice social distancing.
· Wear a mask in public (over your nose and mouth) or with others who live outside your household. Never share a mask with others.
· Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
· Disinfect surfaces in your car and around your home.