Montgomery County COVID-19 Update for September 8, 2021
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, TX -- Montgomery County Public Health District, in conjunction with the Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, can sadly confirm another all-time high in the number of active cases of COVID-19 in Montgomery County.
Have you been vaccinated for COVID-19? We strongly recommend it. Even if you contract COVID-19 after vaccination, the chances of severe illness, hospitalization and death are low. Just 54 percent of eligible Montgomery County residents are vaccinated. Need to find a vaccine? Click here for additional vaccine sites: https://www.vaccines.gov/.
Today, we can also confirm one additional death related to COVID-19.
·A man in his 70s, from Montgomery, died in the hospital. He had co-morbidities in addition to testing positive for COVID-19. He was not vaccinated.
We can also confirm:
• TOTAL cases of COVID-19 increased by 2,903 to 78,534 since Friday’s (9/3) report.
• Of the 2,903 new cases, 569 are under the age of 12 and not eligible for vaccination.
• ACTIVE cases of COVID-19 increased by 1,382 to 13,756 since Friday’s (9/3) report. This is another all-time high.
• Today, we accounted for 1,397 additional inactive cases who we have been unable to contact for 30 days or more.
• 330 county residents are known, as a result of contact investigations, to be in the hospital. Contact investigations have not been initiated on all reported cases.
• 32,079 people have clinically recovered.
The Testing Positivity Rate for Montgomery County has decreased to 20%, down from 21% last Friday (9/3).
Source: UT Health, School of Public Health
*These numbers include PCR and rapid antigen testing. We do not include antibody testing.
ETRAC data for regional hospitalizations can be found here: https://bit.ly/3jwhdiV.
Did you receive a first dose of vaccine at one of the drive-thru events in the past month? If so, it’s almost time for your 2nd dose!
MONTGOMERY COUNTY PRECINCT 1
North Montgomery County Community Center, 600 Gerald Street, Willis, TX 77378
Wednesday, 08 September 2021 – 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
Thursday, 09 September 2021 – 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
MONTGOMERY COUNTY PRECINCT 3
The Howard Hughes Corporation Parking Area, 2133 Timberloch Place, The Woodlands, TX 77380
Friday, 10 September 2021 – 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
Saturday, 11 September 2021 – 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Sunday, 12 September 2021 – 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
MONTGOMERY COUNTY PRECINCT 4
East Montgomery County YMCA
16401 First Street
Splendora, TX 77372
Sept. 13, 14 & 15 (Mon. – Wed.)
8:00 am – 4:30pm
Looking for a downloadable case list? The COVID-19 dashboard for Montgomery County can be found here: https://coronavirus-response-moco.hub.arcgis.com/.
Have a question about COVID-19? You can reach the Montgomery County COVID-19 Call Center at 936-523-3916. It is open Monday-Thursday from 8:00am-4:30pm and Friday 8:00am-4:00pm.
Do your part to slow the spread of COVID-19. The best way to protect yourself and those around you is to be vaccinated. You should also:
· Avoid groups of people.
· Practice social distancing.
· Wear a mask in public (over your nose and mouth) or with others who live outside your household. Never share a mask with others.
· Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
· Disinfect surfaces in your car and around your home.