Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Joins 'Neighbors' by Ring
CONROE, TX – The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office today announced that it is joining the Neighbors app by Ring (available via iOS/Android here: https://download.ring.com/montgomery to provide the Montgomery County community with real-time, local crime and safety information. The Neighbors network already has millions of users and has been instrumental in catching package thieves, stopping burglaries, and keeping neighborhoods safe.
Residents can download the free Neighbors app, join their neighborhood, and use the app to: monitor neighborhood activity; share crime and safety-related videos, photos and text-based posts; and receive realtime safety alerts from their neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team.
Sheriff Henderson states, “Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office is committed to provide professional law
enforcement service to our community through meaningful partnerships such as the one with Ring.
Through these partnerships we will continue to enhance the quality of life for our citizens, businesses and
visitors through efficient and innovative public safety practices. Thanks to Ring we will be able to relay
and receive accurate and timely information to the community we serve.”
Jamie Siminoff, Chief Inventor and Founder of Ring, said: “We’re excited to have the Montgomery
County community join Neighbors to keep their community up-to-date on local crime and safety
information. Over the past few years we have learned that, when neighbors, the Ring team and law
enforcement all work together, we can create safer communities. Neighbors is meant to facilitate real-time
communication between these groups, while maintaining neighbor privacy first and foremost. By bringing
security to every neighbor with the free Neighbors app, the Montgomery County community can stay on
top of crime and safety alerts as they happen.”
How It Works
- Download the Neighbors app on iOS and Android here: https://download.ring.com/montgomery or
by texting mctx to 555888 from your smartphone.
- Opt-in to join your neighborhood.
- Customize the geographic area you want to receive notifications for (users must verify where they
are located and cannot participate in other neighborhoods).
- Receive real-time alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team that inform
of crime and safety alerts as they happen.
- View local crime and safety posts via a live feed or interactive map.
- Share text updates, photos and videos taken on any device, including Ring’s home security devices.
- Work with your community to make neighborhoods safer.