YMCA Dancing with The Woodlands Stars Winners Local Leaders Dance for CAUSE to Help Keep the YMCA Available to ALL
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- The Woodlands Family YMCA is excited to announce that more than $60,000 and many new friends for the Y was raised at the annual YMCA Dancing with The Woodlands Stars held at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott. This event featured local leaders as the live dance entertainment. The Woodlands Fred Astaire Dance Studio partnered with the Y to provide the dance partners, lessons and choreography for the community stars.
Each year, volunteers take to the dance floor to compete for votes and raise funds for The Woodlands Family YMCA. Every dollar raised from the purchase of tables, seats, auction items and votes goes to the YMCA Annual Better Us Campaign, which makes community-strengthening Y programs such as swim lessons, after school care and youth sports available to everyone regardless of age, income or background.
“Every dollar donated helps us keep the YMCA Available to All. Every dollar donated will help the YMCA serve an additional child and Multiply Our Impact in 2019 and make a real difference for people living in our community. Everyone, regardless of financial resources, should have access to the Y programs and services to help them reach their fullest potential,” said Roxanne Davis, YMCA Community Liaison and event director. We are very excited by the success of our seventh annual YMCA Dancing with The Woodlands Stars and extremely grateful to all of our sponsors, patrons and the generous community stars who stepped into the spotlight to make this fun and cause-driven event possible.”
The dancers who raised the most funds, Dancing for a CAUSE and took home top honors were:
• First Place Overall Winner: Tom Pisula and dance partner Anna Kalinichenko
• Runner Up: Debbie Bates and dance partner Francesco Moscarelli
• Honorable Mention: Cassandra Mays and dance partner Ralph Vieberink
The esteemed panel of judges featured Miguel Lopez, Whitney Montgomery, James Ebrey and Nelda Luce Blair, who selected the winners in the following categories.
• Best Use Of Music: Paul Purcell and partner Anna Kalinichenko
• Super Showmanship Award: Brittani Burress and partner Francesco Moscarelli
• Crowd Pleaser: Dr. Tim Paschalis and partner Anna Kalinichenko
• Best Costume: Cindy Tice and partner Jhondarr Lopez
• Judges Award: Erin Cones and partner Francesco Moscarelli
• Most Enthusiastic: Chad Grimes and partner Anna Kalinichenko
• Most Entertaining: Christin Allphin and partner Robert Sherlock
• Most Creative: Roderick Crawford and partner Amber Osborn
• Best Choreography: Andy Greever and partner Anna Kalinichenko
Other highlights included an encore performance from YMCA Bright Life Adaptive Needs Group, a group dance performed by children enrolled in the YMCA Outreach program, a special performance featuring YMCA Sassy Seniors and a Dance Showcase featuring the instructors from The Fred Astaire Dance Studio.
Sponsors for the event included, CHI St. Luke’s Health The Woodlands, Morgan Stanley, Strike and Woodforest National Bank.
To learn more about the YMCA Annual Better US Campaign, which ensures that everyone, regardless of age, income or background has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive at the Y, visit ymcahouston.org.
If you are interested in sponsor opportunities or dancing as a community star at The 8th Annual YMCA Dancing with The Woodland Stars 2020 event contact Roxanne Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-681-6730.