The Woodlands Township Board holds meeting
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting at 4 p.m. Wednesday, October 23, 2019, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard in The Woodlands, Texas.
At the start of the meeting, the Board of Directors issued three proclamations.
In support of America Recycles Day, and to help raise awareness about recycling and buying recycled products, the Board of Directors proclaimed November 9, 2019, as The Woodlands Recycles Day in The Woodlands, Texas.
In recognition of the Nation’s servicemen and women serving with honor and to pay tribute to all who have worn the uniform and continue to serve their country as civilians, the Board of Directors proclaimed November 11, 2019, as Veteran’s Day in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Board of Directors also proclaimed October 23, 2019, as Imagine a Day Without Water Day, encouraging residents to take care of and protect water from pollution, continue to practice water conservation and to get involved in local water issues.
The Board of Directors accepted reports from Village Association representatives from the villages of Alden Bridge, Cochran’s Crossing, College Park, Creekside Park, Indian Springs and Panther Creek.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
• Approved the annual Service Agreement with Senior Rides, for the provision of limited
eligibility demand-response transportation services.
• Approved the annual Service Agreement with Interfaith of The Woodlands for senior
• Approved the annual Service Agreement with South Montgomery County YMCA.
• Approved the annual Service Agreements with the Village Associations.
• Approved the annual Service Agreement with Visit The Woodlands Convention & Visitors
• Approved the annual Service Agreement with The Woodlands Area Economic Development
• Approved the annual Service Agreement with The Center for Houston’s Future.
• Approved the annual Service Agreement with Leadership Montgomery County.
• Awarded a bid for 2020-2022 Concession Services for Gosling Sportsfields, Bear Branch
Sportsfields and Rob Fleming Aquatics Center.
• Awarded a bid for heating, ventilation and air conditioning maintenance services.
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
• Received a report on a staffing analysis.
• Took no action on Incorporation Planning Study matters.
• Approved documents related to the issuance of Unlimited Tax Refunding Bonds, Series
2019 and Sales Tax and Hotel Occupancy Tax Refunding Bonds, Series 2019.
• Accepted quarterly updates on Law Enforcement from Montgomery County Constable Precinct
3, Harris County Constable Precinct 4 and Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office.
• Received a report from The Woodlands Pride.
• Received a report regarding the repairs to the Fountains at Waterway Square.
• Deferred an update on The Woodlands Fire Department Station #5.
• Accepted a quarterly update from the Drainage Task Force.
• Accepted a quarterly update from Visit The Woodlands (Convention & Visitors Bureau).
• Received a report on the Township’s 311 service.
• Accepted the financial report.
The next Board of Directors regular meeting is scheduled to be held at 6 p.m. Wednesday, November 20, 2019. For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.