COVID-19 Updates: Tuesday, September 22, 2020
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- The Woodlands Township to hold Board of Directors Meeting Electronically The Woodlands Township Board of Directors will hold a Regular Board Meeting via videoconference on September 23, 2020 at 6 p.m. View the release, including links to the agenda and information on public comment.
Montgomery County COVID-19 Case Count September 22, 2020
Montgomery County Public Health District, in conjunction with the Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, is saddened to confirm an additional death related to COVID-19.
• A woman in her 80s, from Spring, died in the hospital. She had co-morbidities in addition to testing positive for COVID-19.
They can also confirm:
• TOTAL cases of COVID-19 increased by 45 to 10,711 since yesterday’s (9/21) report. All cases were tested in the month of September.
• ACTIVE cases of COVID-19 decreased by 100 to 1,569 since yesterday’s (9/21) report. On Tuesdays, we factor in additional inactive cases, which are cases we have been unable to contact for more than 30 days. Today, an additional 144 inactive cases noted.
• 23 residents are known to be in the hospital, as a result of contact investigations. Contact investigations have not been initiated on all reported cases.
• 7,153 people have clinically recovered.
*These numbers include PCR and rapid testing results for Montgomery County residents. For more information, please see the previous press release. Antibody testing is not included.
You can find more information on the SETRAC website.
Take steps to slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
• If your children have started in-person school, teach them proper hygiene and the correct way to wear a mask. Encourage them to never share masks with others.
• Consider staying home unless it is necessary to leave your home.
• Avoid groups of people.
• Practice social distancing.
• Wear a mask (if it is necessary to leave your home).
• Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
• Disinfect surfaces in your car and around your home.
View the case-by-case updates on the MCPHD website. Cases marked with an “A” in the case number are antigen positive cases. View the dashboard.
Harris County COVID-19 Case Count
Harris County Public Health (HCPH) publishes their daily case count, combined with the City of Houston's daily case count, here. Cases by zip code in Harris County can be found by clicking on areas of the map.
The Village of Creekside Park is located in two zip codes: 77375 and 77389, and these also include Magnolia, Augusta Pines/Auburn Lakes/West Rayford Road in northwest Harris County. Today, Harris County is reporting zip code 77375 has 1,145 confirmed positive cases with 51 active cases, and 77389 has 592 confirmed positive cases with 35 active cases.
COVID-19 Case Count Brief from The Woodlands Fire Department
As of Tuesday, September 22, 2020, + or – signifies change since previous report.
10,711 – Confirmed, +45
1,569 - Active Cases, -100
138 – Deaths, +1
7,153 – Recovered, NC
23 – Hospitalized, -2
Harris County (since Friday 9/18)
66,882 – Confirmed, +14817
2,981 - Active Cases, +657
680 – Deaths, +34
63,217 – Recovered, +14124
Get Tested for COVID-19
Montgomery County residents may sign up online for Free COVID-19 testing at https://www.mchd-tx.org. Call 936-523-3916 for more information.
Harris County residents may also sign up for free COVID-19 testing online at hcphtx.org. Call 832-927-7575 for more information.
Numerous resources are available in the community for support. These vary from food banks to financial assistance and much more. Please visit the Community Resources webpage to find more information about resources in the community related to COVID-19.
The Woodlands Township COVID-19 eNewsletter
The Woodlands Township COVID-19 (Coronavirus) informational enewsletter will now be published every Tuesday and Thursday and as needed. Manage your notifications and subscriptions.
Township’s Coronavirus Page
The Woodlands Township’s COVID-19 page can be found at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/covid19. This page features Montgomery and Harris county hubs, community resources and news from the Federal Government and the CDC. It also includes the latest news from the Township, partner agencies, important links, FAQs, live Twitter feeds and more.
Please stay connected to The Woodlands Township through our many communications channels. Learn more and sign up at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/stayinformed.
Stay Informed with The Woodlands Township
Sign up for news and alerts from the Township at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/notifyme. During a weather-related event, additional information can be found at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/emergency.