Interactive Cooking Class and Auction to Benefit Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County
CONROE, TX – Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County (Habitat MCTX) invites the community to join a “Bountiful Harvest” Virtual and Interactive Cooking Class and Silent Auction to be held via Zoom on Thursday, October 29 at 6:00pm. The silent auction opens October 26th at 9:00am continuing through October 29 th at 9:00pm.
The cooking class will be led by Chef Terance Jenkins, owner/chef of Bon Temps Events. Chef Jenkins studied at the El Centro Culinary School in Dallas and most recently was the chef at Carlton Woods Country Club. His New Orleans inspired flair partnered with fall flavors enhances the farm-to-table cuisine that participants will enjoy preparing.
Participants will make Fall Italian Sausage Pasta with friends or family by purchasing any of the three ticket options listed below. Tickets can be purchased at this link: https://bit.ly/33Z1Byh.
• Harvest My Way-$25 Order by noon October 29th
• Harvest Celebration - $50 Order by October 26th . This option includes a decadent dessert for two and a bottle of wine donated by Trinchero Family Estates.
• Complete Harvest Box- $125 Order by October 26th . The option includes all the ingredients and both options above with the addition of a salad for two people packaged by Sweet Tea Catering. Additional ingredients and dessert items can be provided for an additional fee.
Silent auction items will include unique Habitat MCTX ReStore finds, luxury packages and many other surprises for bidding! The auction will be open for preview on October 23 rd and bids will begin on October 26th at 9:00am and end on October 29th (after the cooking class) at 9:00pm.
Do not miss an opportunity to bid on the spectacular items from the leisure of your home!
• Weekend Getaway Package for the Four Seasons Hotel in Houston
• Unique ReStore Finds including fossil stones valued at $1,000
• Doll House Fixer Upper- just in time for Christmas!
• Vintage White Diamond Gold Necklace
• A date night at Truluck’s Restaurant valued at $150
As participants enjoy making their dinners, Habitat MCTX invites the community to focus on the importance of having a safe and decent place to call home and to create memories. The organization recently launched the “What does home mean to you?” campaign. The campaign invites us to reflect on the things that make our homes beautiful and special and invest in Habitat’s vision to see a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
“We are so excited to bring our community together to share a meal and help families in need,” said Michele Shifflett, Advancement Officer at Habitat MCTX. “Our auction features unique ReStore items and packages like what you would have found at our Building Hope Gala that was cancelled due to the start of the pandemic. Thank you to our incredible volunteers and donors for making our Bountiful Harvest event possible.”
Since 1989, Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County, TX has worked with the loving hands of volunteers and donors to improve the lives of families and individuals through affordable homeownership. With a hammer in hand, Habitat MCTX volunteers are building strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter.
Learn more about Habitat’s homeownership program and many other initiatives including the Women Build, Home Repair Program, Veteran Build and upcoming events by visiting the website at www.habitatmctx.org or the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/HabitatMCTX.