The Woodlands Arts Council Launches New Microgrant Programs To Support Arts In The Woodlands
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- The Woodlands Arts Council (TWAC) announces the launch of two exciting microgrant programs to support arts in the local community – the Dr. David Gottlieb Education Microgrant and the Artist Microgrant.
Dr. David Gottlieb Education Microgrant:
The Dr. David Gottlieb Education Microgrant is available for exceptional public and private school visual and performing arts teachers and arts-related nonprofit applicants throughout Montgomery County. They may submit applications for specific projects in the visual and performing arts. Grants range in size from $250 to $5,000 per project.
For eligibility, the applicants must be one of the following:
· An employee or representative of a public or private school or nonprofit entity.
· A front-line educator or staff member whose main responsibility is to directly teach or counsel students/participants in the visual or performing arts, including (but not limited to): classroom teachers, subject-area teachers, librarians, therapists, counselors, etc.
· In charge of creating lesson plans, and not primarily assisting another lead teacher.
· An employee or representative of an arts-related nonprofit organization.
Individual artist applicants may submit applications for specific projects in the visual or performing arts. Grants range in size from $250 - $5,000 per project.
For eligibility, applicants must be:
· 18 or older and
· A resident of Montgomery County and neighboring communities or seeking a grant or a project impacting residents of Montgomery County, and
· An artist working in any media within visual or performing arts.
Proposed projects should directly engage and/or impact students or underserved adult populations.
“My late husband David shared my passion for the arts and was a strong advocate of supporting the arts in our local community,” said Brenda Gottlieb, former TWAC board member and current advisory member and co-founder of Because Arts Matters. “As a founding member of The Woodlands Arts Council, David believed in the essential value of our art educators and the power of the arts to effectuate communication creatively and connect people of all backgrounds.”
For more detailed information, about the Dr. David Gottlieb Education Microgrant and the Artist Microgrant, visit https://www.thewoodlandsartscouncil.org/p/programs/microgrants. Applications are due November 5, 2021.
Visit www.thewoodlandsartscouncil.com to learn more about the Council’s programs and The Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival, set for April 9-10, 2022. Find out how you can be part of the fun by volunteering, sponsoring and participating. Because Art Matters!
The Woodlands Arts Council provides regional, cultural, and educational enrichment opportunities that encourage, support and promote the visual and performing arts in our community. From the award-winning Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival to public art installations and the year-round community and educational outreach programs of Because Art Matters, the council has one primary go